PDA

View Full Version : The Apocalypse is Here!

Warlock
03-28-2007, 10:11 AM
http://thehylia.com/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1175073199&ucat=7&archive=&start_from=&

http://www.thehylia.com/cutenews/data/upimages/mario_and_sonic.jpg

Kairyu
03-28-2007, 11:28 AM
God help us all.

Aegix Drakan
03-28-2007, 11:45 AM

0_o uhh...what?

Couldn't they have come up with a better name? >_> Seriously.

And this better not prevent Sonic from getting into brawl...cause if it does...I'm gonna hurt someone...

MasterSwordUltima
03-28-2007, 12:25 PM
So like...what? Playing Super Mario Bros. and Sonic gonna be a new part of the olympics? I suppose thats pretty hip.

ZTC
03-28-2007, 12:59 PM
lol, there is the possibility that this might be an elaborate hoax; if it is, it's a pretty good one at that.

Warlock
03-28-2007, 01:18 PM
lol, there is the possibility that this might be an elaborate hoax; if it is, it's a pretty good one at that.

No, it's not. It's reported everywhere including Nintendo and Sega's press sites. Why would it be a hoax? It's not even April 1st yet.

mrz84
03-28-2007, 02:00 PM
I don't know if I should laugh or cry. Either way, it's from having video games becoming an olympic sport. I haven't read the whole linky, but I must say this: :kitty:

redmage777
03-28-2007, 02:33 PM
From what I read, It's a Video game about olympic sports, not an anouncemet that the games themselves would be featured in the olympics. I was really hoping to see sonic in the new smash bros. game. But, if he was I'm sure something about it would have come up by now.

Grasshopper
03-28-2007, 11:38 PM
Well, everyone was clammering for Mario and Sonic to be in a game together...looks like you got your wish. :D

Orion
03-28-2007, 11:42 PM
According to Matt C's blog on IGN, this title is also online. He makes it sound as if it might be the next Wii sports, which is alright with me.

Brasel
03-28-2007, 11:45 PM
I was satisfied enough when Sonic appeared on a Nintendo system. I also just don't see how having Sonic on any track and field events as fair.

Glenn the Great
03-29-2007, 12:39 AM
Mario is so fat and stumpy he looks like he couldn't even finish the race. How is he going to expect to deal with someone who runs faster than sound?

I think Mario should be allowed to ride his GoKart just to make it more fair.

vegeta1215
03-29-2007, 06:29 PM
Mario is so fat and stumpy he looks like he couldn't even finish the race. How is he going to expect to deal with someone who runs faster than sound?

I think Mario should be allowed to ride his GoKart just to make it more fair.

I think Mario has a few tricks up his sleeves ::cough:: starmen ::cough:: :D

The_Amaster
03-29-2007, 06:48 PM
Yeah, Sonic is just kinda overall more athletic. Although Mario may have an advantage in the Pipe Traveling event.

Glenn the Great
03-29-2007, 07:10 PM
I think Mario has a few tricks up his sleeves ::cough:: starmen ::cough:: :D

Having tricks up your sleeves in the Olympics is a no-no. Mario would be disqualified and barred from ever competing again if it were found that he were using "performance enhancing agents."

XMuppetSB
03-29-2007, 08:39 PM
It's pretty cool to hear that Mario and Sonic are in the same game. But they're not from the same company. Mario was made by Nintendo, and Sonic was made by Sega. I like the sound of Nintendo and Sega joining forces to make an Olympic Game that takes place in 2008. :cool:

Tygore
03-29-2007, 08:46 PM
Having tricks up your sleeves in the Olympics is a no-no. Mario would be disqualified and barred from ever competing again if it were found that he were using "performance enhancing agents."

Given the reality adheared to in some of the other Mario sports games, I'd say that tricks up the sleave will be quite the norm here.

Glenn the Great
03-29-2007, 09:42 PM
I can just see Mario testing positive for mega mushrooms. It'll start a big controversy, and Mario will be like....

"I'ah swear'ah, it was just'ah Toad cum on'ah ma pee-pee!"

Aegix Drakan
03-30-2007, 01:05 PM
you know...this whole thing is gonna probably be unbalanced...I mean..

high jump event: mario wins (he IS the amazing jumping mario after all!)
anything involving running: Sonic wins by a mile. (He's the fastest thing alive!)
swimming: mario wins by default. (sonic can't swim!)
long jump: Sonic wins. (even seen a spindash-jump-homing atack combo? you go far. farther than mario's long jump.)

I just wonder how the heck they're gonna do this...

ONeilcool
03-30-2007, 10:43 PM
If they do add in all of these characters I doubt that they will be any different from each other besides looks. Kind of like in Mario Party, it really doesn't matter who you are, they all do the same things. The performance of the character should be off the players skill, not the characters previous abilities in other games.