PDA

View Full Version : WoW registry

Masamune
03-27-2007, 09:25 PM
My laptop DVD drive sucks, so as opposed to installing every disc, I'd just to copy my friend's WoW folder over to my laptop, and then play it that way. That doesn't work. I'm guessing it doesn't work because I don't have registry files for it. How would I retrieve his registry files and then install them for me?

Nicholas Steel
03-27-2007, 09:49 PM
you need a no cd crack... you cant get any more info then that from these forums on that subject.

mikeron
03-27-2007, 09:58 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DAEMON_Tools

Gerudo
03-27-2007, 10:02 PM
you should be able to download the actual install files for it, although it's about 3.5gb in size.

i suggest doing that, or daemon tools as mikeron said.

Beldaran
03-28-2007, 12:38 AM
That's weird. I just copied my friend's WoW folder over to my laptop and played over the summer. They must have changed something.

Masamune
03-28-2007, 01:05 AM
I should've mentioned I don't exactly have a whole lot of space to store isos.

Laptop has 40 gigs. What we ended up doing was storing isos on his comp, then mounting them over the network. Silly shit. Then I learned I ran out of the prepaid shit.

MottZilla
03-28-2007, 03:05 AM
If he doesn't have WoW on his PC already, you should install it on there. Then after that, copy your folders so it's patched up to whatever point that was (in theory). Otherwise just install it and download the 9,000 patches.

ShadowTiger
03-28-2007, 06:32 AM
Is there anywhere that lets you legally download the client for WoW for free? If there is, I can give you a link to a 2.4 or so Gig .iso file I unzipped with regular WinRar which worked perfectly. (For once. :sweat: ) It seems to be installing perfectly as well right from that unzip.

I sure as hell won't do it if it's not legal though. O.o'

MottZilla
03-28-2007, 01:59 PM
You can legally download the client from Blizzard as they do for your free trial. You still don't nessisarily have the legal right to send it to friends. So don't post anything here, use private channels.

AlexMax
03-28-2007, 08:06 PM
ISO's of WoW installers are easy to come by anyway, pretty much every single public torrent site has a WoW game torrent with a couple dozen people on it at any given time.

Glenn the Great
03-28-2007, 08:13 PM
I don't believe it is illegal to distribute those ISOs. Having the CDs will do you no good because you have to pay to play. Also, a great portion of the content on those CDs is out of date because of newer patches.

mikeron
03-28-2007, 11:44 PM
You can make a disk image that looks like the CD, but is much smaller (even < 1MB). The idea is to fool the application into thinking there's a CD with the WoW file structure sitting there. I don't remember whether you need a special utility for this...

Masamune
03-29-2007, 12:49 AM
I got the problem solved anyway. But I think you guys are missing the point. My laptop has like 10 gigs open. That's not enough space for a WoW iso, and a BC iso, plus what it's actually going to install. I know how to mount isos and such, but that wasn't an option for me at the time.

Beldaran
03-29-2007, 01:50 AM
I don't know why you need the ISO. I just copied my friends game folder ove and it was only like 5 or 6 GB. It seemed to work fine as of fall 2006 [the last time I played WoW]

MottZilla
03-29-2007, 01:51 AM
You can make a disk image that looks like the CD, but is much smaller (even < 1MB). The idea is to fool the application into thinking there's a CD with the WoW file structure sitting there. I don't remember whether you need a special utility for this...

WoW doesn't require the CD to be inserted to run. There is no copy protection. The game is pay to play.

Nicholas Steel
03-29-2007, 01:59 AM

you need to make an image that contains the structure of the original plus i assume byte accurate parts of the original disc (where the protection itself resides) as well... hence why it is like 5 mb approx. ~

MottZilla
03-29-2007, 02:20 PM
you need to make an image that contains the structure of the original plus i assume byte accurate parts of the original disc (where the protection itself resides) as well... hence why it is like 5 mb approx. ~

WoW has no copy protection... read above.