PDA

View Full Version : Scripting and some problems

metroidvictim
03-27-2007, 01:16 AM
Ok, I'm really getting frustrated trying to get this scripting to work. I would like two things for my quest to be possible. 1. I would like to have Link JUMP when he gets a roc's feather or boots or whatever. 2. I can't get the script I recieved from (forgive me, can't remember screen-name!) for the whistle to work! I would like it if I could have Link change his sprite to a 2 tile animation everytime he plays the whistle (upright bass in my quest). It keeps saying that the script cannot run or some part of the code is wrong or corrupt or something! I will post the script below.

Code:
SETV sd0,1
The item script. Not too hard. Now, here's the FFC script:

Code:
SETR data,d0
WAIT WAITFRAME
COMPAREV sd0,1
GOTOTRUE A1
GOTO WAIT
A1 SETR data,d1
SETR d3,d2
MULTV d3,60
ALOOP WAITFRAME
COMPAREV d3,0
GOTOTRUE END
SUBV d3,1
GOTO ALOOP
END SETR data,d0
SETV sd0,1
GOTO WAIT

Currently working on: The Adventure of Link: A Boy and His Shadow (10%)

erm2003
03-27-2007, 05:29 AM
If you are using the newest betas (or alphas) then you shouldn't need a script anymore for the jumping since the feather and boots are set items. You just need to set the link tiles for jumping. There were some tiles floating around this site as well as numerous submissions at purezc. You may be able to use those depending on what tileset you are using.

metroidvictim
03-27-2007, 01:29 PM
Okay I see that now, but for some reason I cant get Link to jump when he gets the Roc's Feather. Plus it doesn't even show up in my subscreen! I'm using the 254 beta, is there another one higher than this? If so, where do I get it?

Luigi
03-27-2007, 02:51 PM
Okay I see that now, but for some reason I cant get Link to jump when he gets the Roc's Feather. Plus it doesn't even show up in my subscreen! I'm using the 254 beta, is there another one higher than this? If so, where do I get it?

You have to create a custom subscreen in order to use the Roc's Feather, and no, there isn't yet a build above 254.

metroidvictim
03-28-2007, 05:04 AM
Thanks guys! Got that one figured out thanks to you! Consider this thread closed.