PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question

Twii_light
03-25-2007, 03:12 PM
How can I make Link fall into the pit and lose a heart? Look at the pic:

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/8739/huhca5.png

The_Amaster
03-25-2007, 03:18 PM
You can use Direct Warps into a room filled with damage combos, and then put a timed warp on that room of like a half a second that warps you back to the beginning of the room. He won't look like he's falling, though, unless you use combo cycling, and the black room has to be on a different map for the Direct Warps to work. L, supposedly, though, is working on some actual falling pits, so we'll see how those come out.(How are those going anyway, L?)

Joe123
03-25-2007, 04:17 PM
The black room has to be on a different map? eh? you can use direct warps to rooms in the same map cant you :confused:

The_Amaster
03-25-2007, 04:20 PM
I don't know. Someone once told me that direct warps had to be on a different map or DMap. I never really tested it, though.

Joe123
03-25-2007, 05:42 PM
no no, I've done signposts that take you to a fake screen on the same Dmap with just a string and a timed warp, works fine for me

The_Amaster
03-25-2007, 06:03 PM
Yeah, but is that Direct Warps or insta warps? Direct warps are the ones that take you to the exact spot you were standing but on a different screen, thus not using the little blue square.

CastChaos
03-26-2007, 03:24 AM
The direct warp can lead you to any screen that you set, not neccessarily to other maps or DMaps!!!

The only thing for watch out is to have different DMaps for no-subscreen screens and subscreen screens. One of my early quests had this issue: The player started in the intro DMap (no subscreen screen flag was checked) and then warped to other room on the same DMap to a screen which had subscreen. Well, this resulted that the destination screen became a guy room, too. With no subscreen. So, I learned that I need to use two different DMaps for signs/intro and for overworlds/dungeons.

Another important thing is, that while warping, the game ignores the detination screen's lights. So, if you warp from a normal screen to a dark screen, the destination screen will turn out to be non-dark. (toogle darkness with "D"). I learned it in my first quest.

There are quite a many dangers whiches aren't documented and you need to find out them yourself. Or you can ask somebody experienced. Expect long answer.

Joe123
03-26-2007, 11:43 AM
Yes they're Direct Warps, I do know what they are ¬_¬