PDA

View Full Version : Quest DB

Triforce Seeker
03-23-2007, 09:09 PM
I have a question about the quest database on the website. Whenever I click on the link it says, "IN_PORTAL_AREA, THIS_SCRIPT or VB_AREA must be defined to continue". What does this mean? How do I access the quest DB. :bouncy: :bomb: :pirate: :banghead:

Sam Atoms
03-23-2007, 10:04 PM
Some time after the start of the year 2006 ---- the exact time is not even known ---- a horde of virtual drakes and zombies descended on the QDB and wreaked havoc in its file banks, memory structures, object references and pointers. The QDB is now haunted by a cybernetic poltergeist, and very few have so much as dared to go near it since then. Apparently everybody here, including me, is scared to death of virtual drakes, virtual zombies and cybernetic poltergeists.

Pineconn
03-24-2007, 01:41 AM
... :eyebrow:

In other words, it's broken. :p

Eckels was supposed to fix it, but he merely started it (and quit). Then War Lord was going to restart the motion to fix the site, but he also abandoned. I think it'd be great if someone would be promoted to Admin, just someone a little more active. No offense, but we're losing our current generation of Admins.

Nicholas Steel
03-24-2007, 04:30 AM
i reckon shadow tiger and dark flame wolf are good people for the job :)

rocksfan13
03-24-2007, 10:11 AM
Last I checked with Warlord, he was still working on it. Have some patience, it'll get done eventually.

Maybe even Eckels will return.:shrug:

elise
03-24-2007, 10:16 AM
Sorry but we are already waiting patiently for a year ............this is really bad for the questmakers and the players :(
We can't even download older quests here anymore and purezc doesn't have all the quests you can find here

Vaanderpantz
03-24-2007, 10:55 AM
yeah that sucks

rocksfan13
03-24-2007, 11:05 AM
I agree elise. But Warlord has personally told me that he is working on the DB and doesn't know when it'll be officially open again.

I'll have to ask him again.

EDIT: I PMed him. Maybe we'll get a response.

Pineconn
03-24-2007, 05:09 PM
Last I checked with Warlord, he was still working on it.

A few months ago is the last time you've checked? ;) Just kidding.

But yeah, the QDB stopped being updated on January 1, 2006. Over 14 months ago. No wonder why our community dwindles.

ST and Wolfie would be excellent Admins, I agree.

goblet49
04-02-2007, 05:54 PM
I think it sux that QDB is down, i need to teach the guy who made MM remake a lesson, maybe even upgrade his title

rocksfan13
04-02-2007, 11:37 PM
A few months ago is the last time you've checked? ;) Just kidding.

But yeah, the QDB stopped being updated on January 1, 2006. Over 14 months ago. No wonder why our community dwindles.

ST and Wolfie would be excellent Admins, I agree.

Needless to say he didn't answer me. I may bring it up to him in the "wanna help run AG". See if we get a response.

Pineconn
04-03-2007, 03:12 PM
....I'm not surprised. :eyebrow:

One day it'll be fixed.

rocksfan13
04-04-2007, 12:37 PM
Well, I asked him in the "Wanna help run the new AG" thread. I'm kinda curious as to his reponse.

DarkFlameWolf
04-04-2007, 01:39 PM
Well whatever happens will happen. But personally, unless people like you or me get ahold of being able to update that site, nothing really will get done imo.

elise
04-04-2007, 02:00 PM
The only thing that changed the last year is that it got worse you can't even download a single quest anymore ..........the admins don't even seem to care that it is down or they don't seem to care to keep us updated what is going on .
If it stays this way by the time the new 2.5 is out and released then there is nothing more to do here on the forum for the ZC community

Luigi
04-04-2007, 02:35 PM
Well, I asked him in the "Wanna help run the new AG" thread. I'm kinda curious as to his reponse.

You could try getting ahold of him in AGN's chatroom:

IRC: irc.thepentagon.org

Channel: #agn

[EDIT] http://www.armageddongames.net/zeldaclassic/download.php?file=ChildsQuest.zip

It seems the QDB does work! (I guess the FTP database is intact)

Pineconn
04-04-2007, 08:26 PM
An FTP database does no good if it's inaccessible to the world, unfortunately. I can't get any other quests that way.

I really think we should start an online petition. It'll show that we really care about this site and the QDB.

Russ
04-04-2007, 08:30 PM
I agree. The database has been down much too long. A petition is necessary.

Pineconn
04-04-2007, 08:33 PM
...Or maybe those dudes who were banned could do us some good: maybe they can hack into the site and fix it.

Hey, hey, I'm only joking. No one do this. But, yes, let's see if we can't make a free petition real quick... if possible.

EDIT:

*>>>>http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/zc_qdb_petition<<<<*

Sign the QDB petition! It's not the most user-friendly petition, but it works.

Russ
04-04-2007, 08:43 PM
I have a ZC website in the making that I could put it on.

Petoe
04-05-2007, 04:57 AM
Goddamn I hate the staff of AGN. They just don't give a f*** about ZC and the site www.zeldaclassic.com.

Why is it so hard to let someone who has the will and desire to run the site? The QDB has been down for ages, I really think it is killing ZC that the main site is a piece of crap that never gets updated and some parts of it don't even work, like the QDB.

Really, either fix the QDB or remove the whole thing!

Why won't AGN let go of ZC? Seriously, no one here at AGN cares about ZC... does AGN want to kill the prgram or what? What a bunch of *****!

Majora
04-05-2007, 12:19 PM
O_o

That was random. Albeit slightly justified. No need for anger. Someone here should just start up their on ZC website and upload them all there. In the future, everyone who submits a quest here should submit them to PuerZC as it's the mos reliable ZC site (Quest-wise) that I know of.

Luigi
04-05-2007, 02:30 PM
Someone here should just start up their on ZC website and upload them all there.

That's what happened with ZCN, a site that contained a lot of quests but also caused a LOT of trouble (of the anti-AGN variety), until it was taken down by its owner about two years ago.

In other words, an unofficial QDB would also be unauthorised.

elise
04-05-2007, 02:58 PM
That's what happened with ZCN, a site that contained a lot of quests but also caused a LOT of trouble (of the anti-AGN variety), until it was taken down by its owner about two years ago.

In other words, an unofficial QDB would also be unauthorised.There isn't anything like an official questdatabase so there &#225;lso isn't an unofficial one .
ZCN had a bigger one then AGN had when I first got in contact with ZC ;)
Then AGN became the biggest when ZCN went down for a long time and came back smaller and died .
Now with this one down we can only go to purezc but that is the smallest one .
It's up to the questmakers where they put their quest , but most times its on purezc and AGN , with AGN questdatabase down .......sooner or later someone is gonna start one on another place

DarkFlameWolf
04-05-2007, 03:00 PM
is PureZC official then?

Pineconn
04-05-2007, 03:21 PM
Technically not, but it is the only available one right now. Petoe, your words are correct. Which is why the site should be handed down to some energetic, active people. I don't even care who, just people who will run it.

Triforce Seeker
04-08-2007, 03:18 PM
Technically not, but it is the only available one right now. Petoe, your words are correct. Which is why the site should be handed down to some energetic, active people. I don't even care who, just people who will run it.

I agree *sweatdrop*. :scared: