PDA

View Full Version : warping trouble

Jeffrotull
03-23-2007, 01:14 PM
I started my quest about a year ago but haven't done anything to it for months.

I quit because my passageways, dungeon item rooms and side warps won't work. I can enter passageways and dungeon rooms but can not exit them and can not use side warps.

They all worked before and stopped working around beta 13. I made a new test quest and don't have those problems. Also I am using bs graphics.

If anyone knows how this can be fixed it would be greatly appreciated. I am probably 3/4 finished with the quest.

erm2003
03-23-2007, 06:36 PM
If you are using a beta look for a quest rule about using the old warp style. See if that rule fixes your problems.

Jeffrotull
03-24-2007, 12:03 PM
Unfortunately it did not. I thought for sure it would when I read that rule.
I tried creating a new character too, to make sure it was fresh.
Thanks for your post.

I've discovered that my dungeon side warps that exit the dungeon are working but not the ones exiting interior dmaps like my caves and houses. If I change them to dungeon dmaps it doesn't fix it either. I compared them and found nothing else dis-similiar.

Nicholas Steel
03-24-2007, 09:28 PM
update to beta 18 build 254...

Jeffrotull
03-24-2007, 10:01 PM
I am using 254.

Imprisoned
03-25-2007, 08:44 AM
Can you describe more? Because I had a similar warp bug which warped me
to a wrong screen, I had to lower and increase the number of the screen to get it right. Also make sure your combos are walkable

Jeffrotull
03-25-2007, 11:31 PM
When I enter a passageway or item room in a dungeon everything is normal. The only problem is that once I am at the top of the stairs it won't exit. It is like a barrier in the way.

I have noticed that all of my stairs and caves that are letter B-D don't work in the overworld. Only A works.

The other problem I have is similiar to the first. I can enter caves and rooms that I made, but can not exit back to the overworld. The side warp won't work. Its like a barrier that won't let me exit. Some of my side warps work and some don't and I can't find any difference between the one that works and the one that doesn't. They all use to work a few beta's ago. It may just be a bug that isn't fixed yet.

Any new warp I make in my dungeons won't work unless I make them in a new quest.

Nicholas Steel
03-25-2007, 11:42 PM
a) you can not use sidewarps on the edge of a map. (EG: for the bottom left room you cant have a side warp going left or down.)

b) the problem with warps B-D is that you have the rule for old warp system turned on.

Jeffrotull
03-25-2007, 11:48 PM
Ok so I imported my stuff into a new quest and all my warps work now...

and ya it was the old warp style rule that did that. Thanks

Draxbonai
04-11-2007, 03:45 PM
I'm having the same problem, and I tried doing all of the above, and none of it works... any ideas?

Nimono
04-11-2007, 04:00 PM
a) you can not use sidewarps on the edge of a map. (EG: for the bottom left room you cant have a side warp going left or down.)

That's not true. Side Warps work on the edges of DMaps- Normal scrolls DON'T. People do this sort of thing all the time, you know...