PDA

View Full Version : zelda LTTP - parallel worlds...

Nicholas Steel
03-23-2007, 11:06 AM
cant find the original thread =\ searched 14 pages back and couldnt find it...

they say the new v1.1 is nearing completion :D

[website]
http://zeldaparallelworlds.googlepages.com/home

[walk through with pictures - 9.5mb]
[http://www.filehosting.cc/?d=8AD585003]

Plissken
03-25-2007, 10:49 PM
Holy crap that's awesome. Hopefully this will be like playing a new aLttP without knowing what's coming up and knowing what to do. Thanks for making a new topic about this.

Nicholas Steel
03-26-2007, 12:18 AM
get v1.1 when it comes out, im sure the new dialog will make it hugely less confusing... as for what they plan to do with the dungeons etc. for v2.0 i reckon they can go to hell... its perfect as is.

the original dungeon designer knew what he/she was doing and did a superb job... only main issue i had was that there is no direction in the game... the authors expect you to know everything and as such there arn't many hints in it... but the new dialog may solve this.

Gunslinger
03-26-2007, 01:10 AM
Just wanted to second that this is an awesome hack. Regarding franpa's comment about lack of direction...I would say to make sure to talk to all of the NPC's you meet (just as you probably did when you first played lttp).

The only part where I really felt lost was in the dungeon with many holes (dungeon name withheld to prevent spoilers). I honestly hope that the creators completely replace that dungeon in a future version.

ShadowTiger
03-26-2007, 10:25 AM
Argh, I know, that was a NASTY one. I had to use save states like no other. It's the only dungeon I ever felt the need to map out as I went, which I did via a text file. You only really need to map the first two floors, as once you start falling, there are fewer and fewer choices available to you as you fall as to where to go next.

What's REALLY been stopping me is this button puzzle in the Ruto's Ice Fortress. Can't ignite all the blocks fast enough and keep them lit. > <. The ice is making it so difficult. I don't even see how it's physically possible. Twelve seconds isn't NEARLY enough. I still have no idea how franpa did it. It's like walking to the sun in half an hour. WALKING there! O_O

Nicholas Steel
03-26-2007, 10:59 PM
in the other thread hidden deep in the myst of time i made a zmv file of it being done poorly xD

zmv = zsnes movie file.

if you have a save state near there and tell me the version of the emulator your using i could try and make another....

-----
edit: i would like to point out that this hack was made for play on emulators, thus anyone playing it is allowed to use save states thus making this still a good achievement when it is beaten... with the invention of save states the dungeon with holes is not that hard to beat at all... just map your progress out and use save states.

ShadowTiger
03-27-2007, 11:07 AM
I'm using ZSNES; Probably the latest version. (Hell, I wouldn't dare use any other emulator to play SNES games. :p ) If I could send you a save state, do you think you could beat the puzzle, and send it back? I'm sure I could make it worth your while somehow.

MottZilla
03-27-2007, 02:08 PM
First you should note that Save States and Movie files may not be compatible between different versions of ZSNES. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Also, as you mentioned it was intended for emulators, any idea if it actually works correctly on a real SNES? Sometimes these hacks actually break the game but emulators are so inaccurate that they never find out.

Glenn the Great
03-27-2007, 04:17 PM
This mod is pretty good thus far. It needs cleaning up, but otherwise good.