PDA

View Full Version : AGN's 3rd 10,000th Post.

ShadowTiger
03-21-2007, 09:12 AM
3/21/07, 9:13 AM, Wednesday Morning.

Well, this is it, I suppose. This is that final milestone of the numerically-driven midbies. Today, I finally reach what most would consider to be the ultimate epitome of not having a life. I would happily agree with such a statement, actually. I'm surprised that I don't have that much more to say.

I would like to thank AGN for their long-time existence and seemingly everlasting patience with me and my infinite follies, and the general ZC communities for their interesting ups and downs and seemingly never-ending creativity with all things Zelda Classic and logical argument alike, and all the AGN staff for being so protective of the community that we all love and adore, and the member base for being the supportive group of friendly people that they've always been. I won't be thanking individual people, because such a list would be longer than I have patience to write up. You all know what you mean to me already. ;)

For my ten thousandth post extravaganza presentation, ( :rolleyes: ) I will be presenting a brief poem to the fine folks reading this thread.

Time to go for one last spin,
Around the boards, now grown thin,
Let's not forget, for within
our hearts and souls, we are kin.

elise
03-21-2007, 09:51 AM
what can I say .........you talk to much :D
Congrats !!! ;)

Beldaran
03-21-2007, 10:08 AM
It's weird... for someone with so many posts, I feel like I hardly know you at all. Maybe it's because I never go in the ZeldaClassic forums.

Anyhow, congratulations on... talking a lot. :)

Imprisoned
03-21-2007, 10:28 AM
You are a person I can give this link to. (http://www.internetlastpage.com/)
You mad babbler! I hope you're happy :p

Pineconn
03-21-2007, 10:45 AM
In other news, this is my 3rd post from school. :p

But anyway, 10,000 posts is amazing. I'm only one-tenth of the way there. This is what I have to say: "Holy :moo: "

(Holy cow.)

ZTC
03-21-2007, 10:46 AM
dude, I hate you.

(j/k)

Took you long enough :p Congrads and stuffs =^+^=
(not too long till you hit that on Pure now...)
Isn't Mott the closest one to reach 10K now?

Drunken Tiger
03-21-2007, 11:41 AM
Congrats on the 10k. Its a bit of a struggle these days to make posts.

Stick around for another 10k, I'd like to see how long that would take you. :)

Aegix Drakan
03-21-2007, 03:24 PM
Whoa...that's a lotta posts!

0_0 *applauds*

Keep on posting ST! :thumbsup:

Gunslinger
03-21-2007, 04:18 PM
Now you can't post for a while; otherwise you'll mess up that awesome number. That should keep you quiet(j/k)

Anyway, nice job.

rocksfan13
03-21-2007, 06:17 PM
3/21/07, 9:13 AM, Wednesday Morning.

Well, this is it, I suppose. This is that final milestone of the numerically-driven midbies. Today, I finally reach what most would consider to be the ultimate epitome of not having a life. I would happily agree with such a statement, actually. I'm surprised that I don't have that much more to say.

I think that pretty much sums it up there, Josh.

Your reward is a bowl full of Jello! Enjoy!

Anyway, congrats.

Glenn the Great
03-21-2007, 06:30 PM
Many people have exceeded 10K, and made 10K posts in the years past. These people have lost thousands of posts from pruning. I've very likely made over 15K since I joined.

erm2003
03-21-2007, 07:34 PM
Congrats on your milestone ST. What a great accomplishment!

beefster09
03-21-2007, 07:41 PM
Now can you make it to 1,000,000? j/k
Good job. No way I'll ever get close to catching up.

biggiy05
03-21-2007, 08:28 PM
Congrats ST. Here's to another 10k.

Many people have exceeded 10K, and made 10K posts in the years past. These people have lost thousands of posts from pruning. I've very likely made over 15K since I joined.

Is it possible for you to ever make a post without gloating about something or another nobody cares to read?

Glenn the Great
03-21-2007, 08:44 PM
Is it possible for you to ever make a post without gloating about something or another nobody cares to read?

If you really don't care, why are you getting so pissy that you have to keep pointing it out?

Daarkseid
03-21-2007, 08:51 PM
I've very likely made over 15K since I joined.

Thats very unlikely.

There has only been one major pruning in forum history that affected people's post counts, and that was way back in 2002.

I lost close to 1k in that prune, and so I might've been somebody who reached 10k if not for it. I doubt it though.

EDIT: Oh, and congrats Shadowtiger(BH4).

The_Amaster
03-21-2007, 08:53 PM
Man, if anyone deserves the prestige and respect that comes with the 10,000 post count it's you. You are one of the most devoted people I know on this forum. That number really shows your dedication. Congrats man, and may you reach 20,000 by 2012.

Aegix Drakan
03-21-2007, 10:05 PM
Man, if anyone deserves the prestige and respect that comes with the 10,000 post count it's you.

Quoted for truth. If it wasn't for Shadowtiger, I probably wouldn't have gotten past the newb stage (XD). It's because of awesome people like him and Koopa that I continue to surf these forums everyday, and make it a major part of my life. Props to you once again, ST!

Sam Atoms
03-21-2007, 11:05 PM
You beg us all to flee while we still can? If I could, I would!

Between Sam Atoms and my old name I have about 2,700 posts, so that means I have a little less than three-quarters of a life, whatever that means.

Anyway, congrats! I was wondering when the moment would finally come.

Prrkitty
03-21-2007, 11:14 PM
Congrats precious... 10k is definitely a very big milestone. Thank you for adding your words of thought to our life here in AGN.

You are very special honey... thank you for being you.
<hug>

koopa
03-22-2007, 10:46 AM
10'000 ... what amazes me most is how much you've given to AGN, especially after what you at some times got back. Truly any person or place that has you near them can count themselves lucky. New member needing some tips? ZC player has a question? Someone wnats to discuss something serious? There'll always be a friendly spirit around to help.
Eckels, if you're reading this, your jar of souls just got a lot bigger. A very very big huge lot.

Archibaldo
03-22-2007, 10:46 AM

Mood killer...

Anywho, Congrats! Glad you were around all this time. You've always provided the boards with insightful opinions and memories. To another 10,000. Huzzah!

mrz84
03-23-2007, 02:13 PM
Congrats on reaching the 10k mark. I hope to reach it myself someday, but that's a while before that happens (I'm barely at 4k myself) so w00t to you my friend. May kitties smile at you where ever you go. :kitty:

moocow
03-23-2007, 04:13 PM
If you really don't care, why are you getting so pissy that you have to keep pointing it out?

Sorry biggiy, but this made me lol.

Congrats, ST. I've been here for almost 7 years and I don't even have 10k, lol.

LOSER <3

ShadowTiger
03-25-2007, 08:40 PM
I just want to thank everyone who bothered to post in this thread. I don't really have that much to say, other than thank you. =/ Thank you for being such a large part of my life for the last seven years. All of you. (Yes, seven. I enjoyed AGN even without an account since December '00.) Don't even get me started about ZC.

Postcount really isn't something that I hoard, per se. It's more the symbolism behind it. I don't think I would ever say anything like "Ha, my postcount is higher than you, so I must be more important." I would more likely say "What do you think this number means?" .. And I sure as heck would.

Again, not really sure what to say on this one, ... ... but I could / would never forget AGN. No matter how slow things go, I can't help but visit it every day.

phattonez
03-25-2007, 08:46 PM
It's been great posting with you. And that 10,000 posts? It's all quality, now I just have to make sure to give you positive rep.

KJAZZ
03-28-2007, 08:21 PM
Eh, TSA's 10,000th was better. :blah:

Congrats anyway, even if I am a week late, BH4/ST/Josh. :thumbsup: