PDA

View Full Version : Renting games online.

Orion
03-20-2007, 02:47 PM
So I'm curious, has anyone tried renting games online (via gamefly or any other service)? I'm thinking about trying it out, but I'm wondering what people's experiences might be with them.

Darth Marsden
03-20-2007, 06:25 PM
I do it with a company called GameTart (www.gametart.com). Basically, they have a list of games (which is huge, btw) from which you pick ten to form your playlist. They then send you one of those ten at a time. For instance, my current playlist is:

Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII
Hack Volume 4 - Quarantine
Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance
Star Wars Bounty Hunter
Tak and the Power of JuJu
Terminator 3: The Redemption
The Hobbit Playstation 2
The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4

They send me one of those and I can keep it for as long as I want. When I want to send it back, I re-use the envelope (it's a special plastic one which you can re-seal) and send it back. Then they send me another game on the list, and so on.

It's pretty good value, and up until recently it's worked out pretty well. They have a huge selection of games, I don't pay postage to return them, and if they don't have any copies of the games on your playlist, then they don't charge you.

...so yeah, it's been a good deal. I'd recommend it.

(And yes, they don't have any copies of the games on my playlist ATM. Bleh.)

ctrl-alt-delete
03-20-2007, 06:50 PM
I signed up for Gamefly a couple of months ago, and am really enjoying it. Great selection. Mainly picked Gamefly, which is a little more pricey than some others, because their service worked the best through some free trials I went through. Also, they have games for the Wii.

You should really give it a shot, if you are into trying out some games that you are not certain you want to buy.

In fact, if you do, let me send you an invite...five invites and I get a free NDS. :)