PDA

View Full Version : Made a little shooter in b16

King Aquamentus
03-18-2007, 11:48 PM
Beta 16's wonderful enemy modifiers have allowed me to create a short but nightmarish little Shooter quest featuring Vic Viper. You only have one heart, and the enemy attacks have been strengthened encouraging you NOT TO GET HIT at all.

It may seem scary later on (if you make it that far) and even downright impossible, but I assure you: the end can be reached.

to help you out, you can collect Laser pods (rupees). They aren't abundant, but for every one you collect, you can fire a laser blast that cuts through enemies in its path.

http://www.geocities.com/ssjlink1/shooterchallenge.zip

Triforce Seeker
03-23-2007, 02:01 PM
Wow... that sounds pretty cool (but hard). :bluemage:

Joe123
03-23-2007, 05:20 PM
Woaaaah this is so hard... I got to the patra - which I could only do by defeating all of the enemies but one on every screen and just sneaking past - which took me about 20 or 30 trys, then after the second time of reaching it I killed it and the manic blue blocks got me.

King Aquamentus
03-24-2007, 03:05 AM
some help.

part 1: space In this part, you can actually easily dodge all the enemies by sticking to the top. you'll miss potential laser crystals though.

part 2: battleship turrets will fire at you and blocks will try to smash you. Also, beware not to crash into ceiling and floor.

part 3: volcano having a few laser pods comes in very handy here against the missle enemies and hopping tektitrons, especially later on, with the falling rocks. Those rocks actually won't be near as scary if you know or have a feeling of how they behave and where they come from.

bosses

boss 1: King moldorm very easy boss, just completely destroy it and avoid the turret of the battleship. Laser blasts will make this a fast fight.

boss 2: Barrier Pattron (patra) the main blaster [P] is actually a Master sword beam. it's designed to take out most enemies in one hit, but do little more. with this in mind, you only need to shoot the swarming bullets once each. then simply shoot Pattron until it is destroyed. time your passes through the blocks and move on.

boss 3: King moldorm again. same as last time.

boss 4: Blastmaster T-27, T-28, and T-29 (Aquamentus) a powerful set of Battleships that together create a long barrage of shots that must be manuevered as you attempt to shoot them. hope you have some laser left. Don't be afraid to take cover by going back a screen. As long as you've destroyed some of it, (the fleet is actually several Aquamenti resembling three), that part won't come back.