PDA

View Full Version : Build 254: Tile Protection

*b*
03-17-2007, 03:12 PM
So, any reason this was removed? That was something I really, REALLY hated, those messages every time I copied a tile. Please add that option back in, so I can disable it. It's so annoying

The_Amaster
03-17-2007, 03:36 PM
Are you asking for a feature to be re-implemented so you can disable it? But anyway, I'd like an option to turn it off if it does go back in. It's important for noobs, though, who might not know what they're erasing.

Revfan9
03-17-2007, 06:46 PM
Tile Protection has been a godsend for me. With so many duplicates of everything that I have, I can easily find out what something is.

ShadowTiger
03-17-2007, 06:51 PM
I tend to create little white "labels" giving a brief description (In pixels. :p ) of the tile(s) in question. Often, the mere presence of a label, regardless of what it actually depicts, is more than enough for me to double-check any action I'd be doing.

*b*
03-18-2007, 03:41 AM
Are you asking for a feature to be re-implemented so you can disable it? But anyway, I'd like an option to turn it off if it does go back in. It's important for noobs, though, who might not know what they're erasing.

No, I'm asking for a previously implimented feature to disable the feature they currently have. As of 254 (As far as I know), Tile Protection is enabled, and there's no option to disable it. I'm wondering why the option was removed, and asking for it to be put back in

shadowfall1976
03-18-2007, 05:19 PM
I too would like to see the option to disable Tile protection come back
as well. I know what I am moving and deleting and I hate that message,
it takes way too much time when you are only moving a few tiles, and you
have to stop and hit the message off everytime you paste. it's a pain in the
@$$

Dark Nation
03-19-2007, 09:41 AM
It wasn't removed. Somehow, the tile protection checkbox and label got pushed off the bottom of the screen. It's been fixed now. In the meantime, you can hand-edit ag.cfg and look for the TileProtection variable and set it to 0.

*b*
03-19-2007, 09:10 PM
Excellent. Many thanks, DN