PDA

View Full Version : If you liked Cave Story...

DarkDragoonX
03-15-2007, 03:27 AM
... then you should check out The Underside (http://www.superfundungeonrun.com/insignificantstudios/). The gameplay takes an obvious page from Cave Story, and the writing, visual style, and music are very similar to earthbound. You'll love it. Go play the demo. Love this game and looking forward to the final release, just thought I'd share it with everyone here.

Beldaran
03-15-2007, 04:04 AM
It looks pretty cool. Cave Story was really awesome. I have yet to beat it, but it's already one of my favorite side scrollers ever.

Glenn the Great
03-15-2007, 07:55 AM
Neato. I'm a big Cave Story fan. I'll start playing this soon and let you all know my thoughts on it.

Darth Marsden
03-15-2007, 09:01 AM
Never actually heard of Cave Story until this morning, when I reread an article about Metroid's 20th anniversary. (20 years? Man I feel old...) Gave it a go and had a blast. Retro-gaming is fun.

This sounds pretty good. I'll give it a whirl.

Glenn the Great
03-15-2007, 04:35 PM
I finished The Underside. It's just a preview, so it's rather short.

It's turning out incredibly well. It feels just like playing Cave Story. The controls are very well done. Similar to Cave Story's but just a little less floaty. The best part of this game is the humor. The game has a lot of extremely clever jokes.

This will be very popular when it is finished.