PDA

View Full Version : how do i copy form pngs in my quest?

ennonfenom
03-15-2007, 02:05 AM
so how would i go about coping form pngs and into my quest?
ive try'd several ways and there never there. i now theres a way through zquest, and a way through the grabber.exe. and i dont now how to do it with either as a matter of fact i got the darn grabber.exe i dont know why cause i cant find a tutorial for it. so could some one tell me how to do it either way.:eyebrow: :uhoh: :eyebrow:

Luigi
03-15-2007, 10:28 AM
Grabber.exe is only used for creating Allegro .DAT files (used for creating custom SFX files in the past - ZQuest's SFX Editor is now used for this), not for grabbing tiles from ROMs/image files.

I don't think you can grab tiles from PNG images, though - maybe a new feature suggestion?

Joe123
03-15-2007, 01:41 PM
Open it in an image editing programme such as Paint, then go to 'save as' and save as a Bitmap file type.

ennonfenom
03-15-2007, 04:06 PM
ok yeah i can grab from png's, bitmap's and several others. its just no matter what form they are i can't find were they go. im using 254 alpha beta.:eyebrow:

The_Amaster
03-15-2007, 08:45 PM
They should be saved in whatever folder you have all the ZC stuff in.

ennonfenom
03-16-2007, 06:27 AM
yeah there in that folder but what i ment was
after i do that grab thing in zquest i can never find the tiles/sprites i put in.
thats why i have been looking for a tutorial on this subject.

edit: ok i figured out what i was doing wrong. i was trying to grab them all wrong. but i figured it out. i go to quest, then graphic, then tiles, then go to a blank section then click grab then file then (r) to recolor then either leech, or grab indavidul tiles. so see people even the slowest people(me) can finger it out!(yes i said FINGER) on there own if the sit down and quit fussing. also the reseason people, explainning how i did this is so if any one needs help like i did, they can find it!