PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had this happen to them?

Dechipher
03-14-2007, 01:02 PM
I get a call this morning from some guy who works at Citibank and he wants me to come in tomorrow for an interview for management opportunities. I've never applied to this company before, the only time I've ever encountered them is when they had me sign up for a card to get a free pizza. Anyway I'm going to go to the interview tomorrow. I've googled them and they look legit, it's just a really random thing to happen.

Oh, and any interview tips would be nice, I've only worked at Taco Bell.

ZTC
03-14-2007, 01:22 PM
o_0

The only advice I can give is just be calm and cool during the interview. Maybe he's seen you working at Taco Bell before :shrug: Good luck with that.

Prrkitty
03-14-2007, 03:16 PM
Does this guy work for Citibank (the bank/company itself) or some other company that will 'then' send you to Citibank?

If it's some other company be careful of the info you give them. They could be phishing and/or a crook company (not sure how else to explain what I'm thinking).

Darth Marsden
03-14-2007, 03:48 PM
How odd. Have you applied to any agencies in the past, because if so, they may have passed on your details. I've had that happen to me once, though I didn't get the job. Hope you do.

As for the interview itself, be cool, calm, collected - but most of all, be yourself. That's what people are hiring, not some guy with a self-inflated ego. From what I can tell, albiet from my limited notes and paltry observations, you seem to be a pretty well-educated guy, which already puts you ahead of most other employees.

Also - if they decide not to go with you, ask them why not, and always enquire about unsuccessful interviews. You'll never get better if you don't know where you went wrong.

Beldaran
03-14-2007, 04:05 PM
It's probably a mistake, or he's going to kidnap you and rape you.

Brasel
03-14-2007, 04:31 PM
Does this guy work for Citibank (the bank/company itself) or some other company that will 'then' send you to Citibank?

If it's some other company be careful of the info you give them. They could be phishing and/or a crook company (not sure how else to explain what I'm thinking).

Someone from a company like this called my wife several weeks back. She didn't end up going to the interview. They wanted her to pay money to them while they got her the job to wherever it was that they were offering the job.

Prrkitty
03-14-2007, 11:52 PM
Some "head hunters" are good... some "head hunters" are evil bastards from hell. You *always* have to go into situations with your eyes open, your ears listening, your wallet dead-bolted to your backside and your hands in a defensive mode.

Am I overly paranoid? Anymore lately... maybe so.

Modus Ponens
03-15-2007, 01:27 AM
He probably just works for the INS and is going to deport you, you border-hopping bastard.

Dechipher
03-15-2007, 02:52 PM
My car broke down last night so when he called this morning to give me directions we rescheduled it for next Thursday.

How should I dress? I'm thinking khaki shorts and a polo shirt.

Glenn the Great
03-15-2007, 03:32 PM
Other tips:

Shave, make sure your hair is neat, and don't look like a punk (piercings, colored hair, etc.)

Prrkitty
03-15-2007, 03:42 PM
Khaki shorts? No.

Khaki pants and a polo shirt? Yes.

You are going for a job interview. So "dress to impress". In my humble opinion, shorts (khaki or otherwise) are 'too' casual.

Come on dechy... you know this is common sense hon.
<hug>

Beldaran
03-15-2007, 04:36 PM
I can't believe you're going. This is just reaks of being a scam.

Glenn the Great
03-15-2007, 04:56 PM
Come on dechy... you know this is common sense hon.
<hug>

Unfortunately that isn't his strong suit.

Gunslinger
03-15-2007, 06:20 PM
Citibank is a legit company. I'm guessing they want you to do some sales work, like trying to get kids to open accounts with the bank.

Glenn the Great
03-15-2007, 06:38 PM
How do you know the guy you talked to on the phone was really from Citibank?

I think it's fishy that someone just all of a sudden calls you on the phone, and then expects you to show up the next day.

Gerudo
03-15-2007, 09:22 PM
i dunno dude. if you didn't apply with them and they just called you, then i'd be asking stuff like how they got your number and (no offense) why you? i don't really see a bank hiring the younger generation for management. from my experiences, you generally have to be in a company for a while and show exceptional skills before even being considered as management material.

as far as dress code goes, i recommend black slacks, a white button-up shirt and a neat tie. this is a bank, and almost all banks i go to, that is how they dress ...but you could probably get away with what you plan to wear.

Dechipher
03-15-2007, 11:04 PM
Unfortunately that isn't his strong suit.

I'm trying to decide if that was a pun or an attack.

Prrkitty
03-16-2007, 02:17 AM
Dechy, you know how *I* meant what I said... right? <hug>

Toolie
03-17-2007, 08:53 PM
... why don't you call Citibank and ask about this? This is definitely a scam and you're going to get screwed out of your identity and maybe more.