PDA

View Full Version : whistle animations? link tile modifiers?

metroidvictim
03-12-2007, 05:03 AM
So I have a 2 tile animation I'd like to use for when Link uses the Whistle as an item. I've changed it to an upright bass that he plucks and taps his foot. Is there any way I can get him to do this? Is it a Link tile modifier? If not, what is the Link tile modifier for?

Revfan9
03-12-2007, 05:14 AM
Unfortunately, this is not possible to do... You can fake it using warps and working it like a cutscene, but that wouldn't get the effect you would be hoping for. However, it's possible with an item script if you put the FFC on every screen, but this would take a lot of time and effort to do.

SETV sd0,1

The item script. Not too hard. Now, here's the FFC script:

SETR data,d0
WAIT WAITFRAME
COMPAREV sd0,1
GOTOTRUE A1
GOTO WAIT
A1 SETR data,d1
SETR d3,d2
MULTV d3,60
ALOOP WAITFRAME
COMPAREV d3,0
GOTOTRUE END
SUBV d3,1
GOTO ALOOP
END SETR data,d0
SETV sd0,1
GOTO WAIT

A Link tile modifier adjusts Link's tiles when he picks up the item. It adds the number of the Link tile Modifier to the number of the Link tiles. In 2.10 or lower, the modifiers only affect certain tiles. In the betas/alpha versions, you can check the rule "Full Link tile modifiers" to have the modifiers affect ALL of the Link tiles.

metroidvictim
03-13-2007, 09:11 PM
OK, Ive looked everywhere.... Where do I input scripting? Its pretty easy in RPGMaker, but I simply cannot find anywhere to do this in ZQuest!

Russ
03-13-2007, 09:46 PM
Well, make sure you're using a beta for 2.11. Other than that, I don't know.

The_Amaster
03-13-2007, 10:03 PM
One of the later betas at that. Anyway, it's on, oh, the middle menu, the one with the doors. It's compile ZScript, but you should have coded it in Wordpad and import it this way. You can assign scripts to FCC's then under the FFC options I think in the screen menu, or somthing. (Sorry, I'm on my non-ZC computer)

metroidvictim
03-14-2007, 12:21 PM
No wonder, I'm working with ZC 2.10. Where do I get 2.11 or higher? Its not on the downloads page so.... I dunno!

ennonfenom
03-14-2007, 06:04 PM
go to beta dissucion and download 254 in the little box at the top:D