PDA

View Full Version : Screen-Specific Music

Sr Men 72 KG Cox Four
03-11-2007, 11:54 PM
I haven't tinkered too much with the newest version of ZQuest yet, or ZC in general as of late, but I'm basically wondering if they've created a way to have screen-specific music yet?

For the project that I'm currently planning, I want to use various different themes for different parts of the overworld, but the only way you used to be able to do it was to set separate overworld maps and use a sidewarp to make it look like only the music was the only thing changing.

The reason that I don't want to have to do this is because it would be a real pain in the ass to match up the squares on different overworld maps so when you're watching the little dot at the top-left corner, it doesn't skip around on the map.

Any advice on an easier method, or have I pretty much got the best way figured out?

~Kevin

ennonfenom
03-12-2007, 02:38 AM
im not to sure on what you mean so are you saying you want to walk in to the next screen on a map and get the music to change. or get the music to change when you activate a secret in the screen. cause if its midi change on screen change you can go to data > screen data > then its the second from the last tab, something like 1.s data then you can choose your midi. reminding that you first loadded them into the zq by by going quest > music > load midi or mp3 but mp3 are huge and will make your game way to big. then hit ok. i hope that help'd cause thats every thing i did for my quest and when go to my moutain part of the screen it play goron village midi from ocarina of time or if i go to my desert it plays gurodo midi also from ocarina. and there all on my over world map. :thumbsup:

Sr Men 72 KG Cox Four
03-12-2007, 09:40 AM
Yeah, I think that answers my question. What you're saying is that you can set music for specific screens in order to deviate from whatever the chosen "overworld theme" is, so that when you walk onto that screen, the music is altered until you go to a screen that has different music specified, correct? (I'd check, but I'm at work, so there's no way to look on this computer)

Majora
03-12-2007, 09:45 PM
There are screen specific MIDI's now, but in a version where there isn't you could do this:

You knw the difference between DMaps and Maps right?

You can have 1 map with several DMaps on it and change the music without Link's map placement dot on the map "jump around"

Sr Men 72 KG Cox Four
03-13-2007, 02:53 AM
Good point there, cap'n. Either way, got it under control nowz0rz.

~Kev

Sr Men 72 KG Cox Four
03-13-2007, 12:29 PM
You know, I was searching ZQuest, and I don't have any tabs under Data/Screen Data (F9), so I don't know how to do that. Am I missing something here? I'm using ZC 2.10.2. Please let me know what I gotta do to get this in order. I thought I had it, but I onviously don't, ha.

~Kevin

ennonfenom
03-13-2007, 01:56 PM
well i was going to download the 210.2 but cant find mite i suggest downloading
one of the 211? maybe like zc211b116w? which could be got here http://www.armageddongames.net/jman2050/ZCBeta/

I'm sure it frustrating to have move you quest to a new zc but zc211b116w
is pretty stable. but if you don't wanna do that let me now were you go your zc2102 and I'll check for you.:)

Majora
03-13-2007, 05:44 PM
Sir men 72, although I am not a moderator, I should probably just inform you that consecutive posts are frowned upon (by mods). There is an edit button should you need to add stuff to one of your posts. When you have spare time, look up the rules and skim over them.

Now, for your ZQuest situation:

All versions of ZC below 2.10.2 don't have tabs in the screen datd menu. You need a 2.11 beta.

Sr Men 72 KG Cox Four
03-13-2007, 09:20 PM
Yeah, I won't make a habit of it. I've been on these boards before, a long time ago, and I remember the controversy that ensued when they were making that rule. I figured since it was a separate comment altogether it, wouldn't be a big deal, but I guess people are ready to pounce on that shit, haha.

Thanks for the tip, though, cap'n.

~Kev

The_Amaster
03-13-2007, 09:37 PM
Yeah, double posting is just one of those things that kinda rubs people the wrong way.
And yeah, you definatly need a beta if you want screen specific music.