PDA

View Full Version : Apologies and Walkthrough News

rpgaddict3
03-10-2007, 05:20 PM
Well, first off, I must apologize for this long absence of mine. Life got in the way, unfortunately, and I found myself with very little free time. However, circumstances have cleared my schedule for the most part, and I have a lot more free time on my hands now, so I'm going to FINALLY fulfill the promises I made so long ago.

Unfortunately, as time has gone by, my memory of the dungeons has grown fuzzy. As a result, I'll be playing through each game I intend to "walkthrough" twice... except IotW, which I still have the help which was granted to me to help me write a walkthrough long ago. However, I probably can't do this alone, since I am trying to cover every aspect of HD and IotW... so any sort of help would be appreciated... that is, if anyone is still willing to give it after so long. Thanks, and many apologies to... well... everyone.

DarkFlameWolf
03-10-2007, 05:45 PM
well, I have very limited time really, but depending on what type of info you need, I'll more than likely be able to provide it for any of my quests I have made.

rpgaddict3
03-10-2007, 08:13 PM
To be perfectly honest, the information I need is really very basic. Most of the advanced stuff I can figure out on my own. It's just going to take time to remember it all. All I'm going to do right now is post what I intend to do, and then I guess you can take it as you will. Thanks, DFW.

In HD, I intend to eventually cover all 9 dungeons with crappy ASCII maps and walkthroughs, as well as the Bonus Dungeons, but that can be done later when I'll know how to write the walkthroughs more efficiently.

As for this run, I intend to list the locations of all the Magic Upgrades (Found 5/5 so far), the Bomb Upgrades (found 1 so far), the special items (purchaseable or otherwise), the Purple Rupees (found 3 so far, don't know if Level 4 has one), and, of course, the Pieces of Heart (found locations of 6... I think).

I also had intentions of listing the Secret Grottos... until I realized there were too many to count. I'll go back eventually and list them all... probably. And, perhaps, I'll see if I can create an additional Walkthrough for Extreme Mode... but that might be a bit too sadistic. XD

Anyway... that's it for now. Do with that what you will. (Oh, and as for IotW, as I mentioned before, I still have the assistance you sent me long ago to write that walkthrough, so hopefully I will not need more than 1 run through the game to write an effective walkthrough.) Thanks again!

EDIT: As embarassing as this might sound, this quest is kicking my butt yet again. I've gotten stuck in Sleet Stone Caverns on the way to obtaining the Ladder. I heard it was down on F 5/9 (Or as I call it, B4), but I've been unable to find a path down there... though I have 3 Small Keys for my efforts so far. Anyone who can provide assistance will get credit in the walkthrough. Thank you.

2nd EDIT: After wandering around like an idiot for a good 2 hours or so of game time, I think I might have finally found it. Hopefully.

3rd EDIT: Upon further review, I have realized that I'm missing something else which will keep me from documenting everything. Level 4's Purple Rupee. I never found a room which would seem to be requiring either the Red Candle or the Ladder to get to the Purple Rupee. If anyone could find it, please let me know. Also, I did finish Level 5... finally. Yay-ish. ^_^

4th EDIT: I am still working through the game, currently on Level 6. I just realized one thing which I will need if I'm to bring this walkthrough to the masses without giving them massive headaches... someone who can draw a halfways-decent ASCII map. If you want to see how not to do an ASCII map, give me a PM and I'll show you my map for Historia Temple. Or better yet, PM me if you can actually draw a decent map. Thank you very much. (And I do still need info on that Level 4 Purple Rupee... >.>)