PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Favorites of all Time

Brasel
03-09-2007, 08:04 PM
I tend to do this thread every couple of months just because I'm interested.

No particular order:

Final Fantasy VI
Mega Man X
Super Mario Bros.
Morrowind
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

How do I calculate which are my top 5? I base it on replay value and how thorough I am with the game. I'll play the game over and over again, sometimes for speed and sometimes to see how much I can uncover or how many levels I can gain before getting tired of it.

I've pretty much reached every goal with Mega Man X, Mario, and ALttP that I've wanted to. My goal for FFVI is to get everyone to level 99 and be able to cast every spell. My goal for Morrowind is to get a character up to the max level and finish every major guild. My dark elf is level 68 and I still haven't gotten through Bloodmoon.

Daarkseid
03-09-2007, 09:34 PM
Mine hasn't changed.

1. Earthbound (SNES)
2. Final Fantasy IV (SNES)
3. Resident Evil (PSX, GC)
4. Dracula X: Rondo of Blood (PC Engine CD)
5. Strider (arcade, PSX)

I've rated them mostly because of a difficult to describe sensation I had when playing them. Earthbound really tops that list, because I recall actually stopping a little over halfway through, and restarting the game just because I wanted to game to last longer for me.

The Destroyed
03-09-2007, 09:46 PM
Dude, I have been playing Morrowind for a month or two, and it is really hard to keep the pace up. I have just been slaughtering Ordinators for their armor and maces (30,000 gold each :D). I have a level 8 or 9 Imperial with level 70 long sword and 60 heavy armor. I dont really know what to do after doing the Arkingthand quest at the Fighters Guild, so I havent been playing as much I usually do. Now I just kill because it takes FOREVER TO LEVEL. I gotta find some major cheats or something. Its on the Xbox.

On topic...

1. Guitar Hero 2
2. FFVI
3. Chrono Trigger
4. Guitar Hero
5. Diablo II

Can anyone here do Expert on every song on both Guitar Hero's? I have at least done EVERY SONG. (including the fucking insane Jordan, it took me days of practice, but I did it with 81% and 150,000 points.)

Mak-X
03-09-2007, 11:05 PM
To only choose 5...

Super Mario Bros. (NES)
Super Metroid (SNES)
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (NES)
Secret of Mana (SNES)
Final Fantasy VI (SNES)

That's really a tough question. I might play a game again and it becomes one of my very favorites, it can always change you know? I like Super Mario Bros. 3, though right now I think Super Mario World is more enjoyable. But then I really like the original Super Mario Bros. that I've raced through over and over.

Dechipher
03-10-2007, 01:52 AM
Guitar Hero II. God I love War Pigs
Super Mario RPG. One of the best games of all time.
The Legend of Kyrandia. Books I and III, I've never played II.
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Final Fantasy VII or IX. IX was probably the better overall game, but VII had something incredibly special in it, and also it was the first I played.

Darth Marsden
03-10-2007, 05:47 AM
Only 5? Bah.

Half-Life
Conker's Bad Fur Day
GTA: Vice City
Monkey Island II
The Sam & Max series (Okay, I know it's more than one game, but bite me)

EDIT: Funnily enough Dechipher, Legend of Kyrindia II is the only one I've played. It's a good game, you should try it.

shuji
03-10-2007, 06:08 AM
5. pong (atari)
4. baten kaitos
3. final fantasy VII
2. banjo tooie
1. zelda ocarina of time

Petoe
03-10-2007, 07:25 AM
My list hasn't changed much in a long time.

Favorite games:

1. Final Fantasy VI (SNES)
2. Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)
3. Zelda - Majora's Mask (N64)
4. Perfect Dark (N64)
5. Eternal Darkness (GCN)

Those are my favorites... meaning, which games I enjoy and want to play the most.

But technically speaking what games are the best, I guess I will post that list as well just to show the differences between my fav game list and my best games list ;)

Best Games of all time:

1. Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES) . . . score 10
2. Zelda - Ocarina of Time (N64) . . . score 9.9
3. Metroid Prime (GCN) . . . . . score 9.8
4. Majora's Mask (N64) . . . . . score 9.8
5. Perfect Dark (N64) . . . . . . score 9.7

Imprisoned
03-10-2007, 09:43 AM
#1 - The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition: Ocarina of Time (GCN)
#2 - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (GCN)
#3 - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)
#4 - Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 (GBA)/Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)
#5. - Super Smash Bros. Melee

Aegix Drakan
03-10-2007, 12:24 PM
I've rated them mostly because of a difficult to describe sensation I had when playing them.

Wow. We actually have something in common. I rank my games by that same kinda sensation.

and here's my list:

1: Tales of Symphonia (GC) - Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess (GC):

Bit of a toss up here actually. Both are vying for my top spot. I don't know which one I like more...

2: Sonic adventure 2: Battle (GC)

My favourite Sonic so far. It's got all the good stuff.

3. Pheonix Wright 2: justice for all (DS)

This game is great, and case 4 is made of pure awesomeness. TAKE THAT!

4. Golden Sun, part 1 and 2 (GBA)

A gem of a game. So awesome they had to cut into two segments. Only beat it completely once though...Curse you final boss, and your Cruel Ruin...

5. Geist (GC)

Most innovative FPS ever. Multiplayer is incredible.

and I'm outta room...but I have a lot of othe favourites floating around...like Earthbound, Mario RPG, DDR, Shattered Earth, and OoT. Not to mention my own RPG and those of my friends.

Gunslinger
03-10-2007, 01:22 PM
Mine hasn't changed in a while

1. Zelda - LttP
2. FF6
3. Mario 3
4. Goldeneye
5. Sonic and Knuckles

Majora
03-10-2007, 01:41 PM
Mine changes constantly:

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
THe Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Super Smash Bros.: Melee

DarkDragoonX
03-10-2007, 10:51 PM
Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete (Out of all the games and remakes, I feel this one stands out as the best Lunar game to date.)
Planescape: Torment
Fallout 2
Mega Man X
Phantasy Star 2

On a side note, STOP LIMITING ME TO 5 CHOICES, YOU SON OF A BITCH. Do yiou have any idea how hard it is to not include games like Earthbound, Silent Hill, Fatal Frame, Castlevania, Resident Evil, Soul calibur, Zelda, Mario, or any of the other dozens and dozens of games that really should be on the list, but aren't because you refuse to allow more than 5? You bastard.

On yet another side note, my list tends to change slightly, depending on what kind of games I'm in the mood for, but Lunar will always be #1. And as usual, it would be thoughtless of me to list my favorites without ending with a heartfelt plea to go play Lunar now because it's awesome. So go play it. Now. Because it's awesome.

Plissken
03-11-2007, 12:50 AM
Hmmm I don't think this would be in order but...

Shadow of the Colossus
Super Mario Brothers 3
Paper Mario
Tales of Symphonia

Brasel
03-11-2007, 11:58 AM
Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete (Out of all the games and remakes, I feel this one stands out as the best Lunar game to date.)
Planescape: Torment
Fallout 2
Mega Man X
Phantasy Star 2

On a side note, STOP LIMITING ME TO 5 CHOICES, YOU SON OF A BITCH. Do yiou have any idea how hard it is to not include games like Earthbound, Silent Hill, Fatal Frame, Castlevania, Resident Evil, Soul calibur, Zelda, Mario, or any of the other dozens and dozens of games that really should be on the list, but aren't because you refuse to allow more than 5? You bastard.

On yet another side note, my list tends to change slightly, depending on what kind of games I'm in the mood for, but Lunar will always be #1. And as usual, it would be thoughtless of me to list my favorites without ending with a heartfelt plea to go play Lunar now because it's awesome. So go play it. Now. Because it's awesome.

Hey, I had a hard time not listing Metal Gear Solid among others. Would you like some cheese with that whine? ;)

The_Amaster
03-11-2007, 12:57 PM
Hmmm....

Shining Force
The Geneforge Series
A Link to the Past
The Myst Series
Super Smash Bros. Melee

mrz84
03-14-2007, 11:19 AM
My top fav games of all time? Soemtimes I hate choosing, but meh.

(In no order of preference)

Metroid
Zelda OoT
FF VI
Zelda MM
Metroid Prime

Beldaran
03-15-2007, 11:13 PM
1) Chrono Trigger
2) Knights of the Old Republic
3) X-Wing/Tie-Fighter (basically the same game)
4) Quest For Glory Series
5) The Journeyman Project

It was really, really hard to pick just 5 games.

DarkFlameWolf
03-16-2007, 09:15 AM
My list changes constantly to what I find fun to play over and over again, but at the current moment, my 5 top games I'm playing through right now most often are: (in no particular order)

1) Oblivion (PC)
2) Resident Evil 4 (Gamecube)
3) Zelda: Twiilght Princess (Wii)
4) Tales of Symphonia (Gamecube)
5) Doom 3 (PC)

Brasel
03-17-2007, 06:45 PM
1) Chrono Trigger
2) Knights of the Old Republic
3) X-Wing/Tie-Fighter (basically the same game)
4) Quest For Glory Series
5) The Journeyman Project

It was really, really hard to pick just 5 games.

Knights of the Old Republic kicked ass. I have the second one, but I haven't gotten through much of it yet. I'm going to save it for Iraq.

I played the Journeyman Project demo years ago. I barely remember it...wasn't it kind of like a futuristic Myst type adventure\puzzle game?

Darth Marsden
03-18-2007, 09:03 AM
If you've got KOTOR2 for the PC, you might want to look at the work by these guys (http://www.team-gizka.org/index.html). Proof, if any were needed, that you shouldn't rush games.

vegeta1215
03-18-2007, 11:28 AM
I can easily pick 4 all time favorites, but picking a 5th one is kind of hard. Oh well, here goes (in no particular order):

The Legend of Zelda (NES)
Super Metroid (SNES)
Chrono Trigger (SNES)
Secret of Mana (SNES)
Beyond Good and Evil (GCN)

Brasel
03-18-2007, 04:22 PM
If you've got KOTOR2 for the PC, you might want to look at the work by these guys (http://www.team-gizka.org/index.html). Proof, if any were needed, that you shouldn't rush games.

Wow, thats awesome. Thanks for the link man.

Saffith
03-19-2007, 04:47 PM
I seem to be a week late, but I'll try and pick some anyway...

Legend of Mana (Yes, Legend of Mana. Bite me.)
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Shadow of the Colossus
Umihara Kawase
Diablo II

vegeta1215
03-19-2007, 06:26 PM
Legend of Mana (Yes, Legend of Mana. Bite me.)

Consider yourself chomped in half...

Darth Marsden
03-20-2007, 06:37 AM
Wait, can I change mine? I've just realised I left one out.

Half-Life
Conker's Bad Fur Day
GTA: Vice City
Monkey Island II
Sonic 3 & Knuckles

Glenn the Great
03-20-2007, 07:00 AM
Okay, here are my top 5. Not necessarily in order.

Chrono Trigger
Half-Life
Final Fantasy 4
Super Metroid
Zelda: Link to the Past