PDA

View Full Version : what do i do

ennonfenom
03-07-2007, 02:11 PM
what do i do when i want to set up a bomb rock. cause i set the rock were i wantted it and edited the combo so that the bomb blows up the rock it works but i get a black square were the rock was i try making the cycle to green cause the rock is on grass but the rock dissaperd beforce i could bomb it. im having a couple other problems too like there is invislbe thing blocking me from walking there no combo there or layers its just a map i made. so please and thank you for any help.

ps my os is xp sp2 zc ver. 2.11.b15 w

Joe123
03-07-2007, 04:02 PM
Firstly, use some more punctuation. It would make everything a lot clearer.

With your rocks, you don't set the combo to cycle to make a 'bomb rock', there is no need for that. You make the rock graphic solid, place it down and set the 'bomb (any)' flag down on it. Then go to the secret combo editor on that screen and to the 'bomb' tab (on 2.10 its on a tab, it could be somewhere else in 2.11.b15, but its in the secret combo editor somewhere). Click on the black space next to 'Bomb' and set it to the tile that you want the rock to change to after it's been bombed. Do not tell it to combo cycle, that just won't work.

The invisible barrier could be that your at the edge of a Dmap. Have you found this problem on a dungeon Dmap, or at the edge of an overworld Dmap?

I don't then your PC's operating system should make any difference to either of these problems, you would only really need to state that if you've got a problem with the program itself running.

ennonfenom
03-07-2007, 04:24 PM
thanks that worked for the color fix, but now i can just walk right over the rock without boming it. and ive found this invisble barrier in the overworld and in the dungeon maps. maybe you could also tell me what i am doing wrong here. ive set up a side warp. its set to take me back to the overworld wich is map 1 and set to the screen number let just say 7f. and i get sent to a screen thats fill'd with bushes, and sometimes to a differn't screen that has two exits. the first room im stuck and cant go any were. in the second i could go through either exit and it brings me back to the same room. but if i go through it twice then im warp were i want to go. the warp is set for passage, and ive try'd with triggers and without. i get the same results either way. i hope this is better puncuated for you. and thank for all the help

Joe123
03-07-2007, 04:43 PM
yeah, the punctuations better now thanks.
Are you sure that the combo for the rock is solid? Can you still bomb it even though you can walk over it? Have you still got something set up on the combo cycling for that combo? Make sure its solid by setting all of the top-middle square of the combo editor pink, make sure there is no tile set to 'next' for combo cycling, and unless you want an animating rock (which you might but I'm assuming not) then make the A.frames and A.speed 0.

Is the barrier on the edge of the map? You can't walk off the edge of the world. Maybe you have a combo that you think is walkable that is actually solid. Go on that screen in the editor and press 'W' to check. If its solid, itll show up pink.

Right, well if its a side warp for a dungeon exit or whatever, you don't want to use a 'passage' type warp. I don't think you should be needing any triggers. Make sure that you're warping to the correct Dmap number, NOT map number.