PDA

View Full Version : Certain screens crash Zquest/CZ.

Oniyuri
03-05-2007, 03:47 PM
When I look at some certain screens (well, there are two I know about and the zecond one is a layer in the first one) in my quest in Zquest/CZ it crashes. Don't as me why it crashes, because I don't know. Any help is appreciated and anyone interested may have a look at the map themselves.
Note: I did not make any changes to these maps recently before they started to crash.

Plissken
03-05-2007, 08:41 PM
Are those layers on a different map and what version are you using?

Oniyuri
03-06-2007, 03:21 AM
Yeah, they are on different maps. I'm using version 2.10 and it's built on the 210test.qst

Btw, is there a way to remotely delete a screen? If I can't make those screens work I'd at least like to be able to delete them and redo them, but since they crash even before they even get rendered it won't be that easy.

Plissken
03-06-2007, 08:30 AM
That's why. I've heard that you shouldn't use the 210test.qst. It is apparently bugged and can make ZQ crash with certain stuff. So I would advise you to move to another .qst file.

Oniyuri
03-06-2007, 08:39 AM
-_-" *sigh*
Well, I'll just have to restart then. Got any suggestions of good tilesets? (links!) Anyway my dungeons were not that super. The overworld was AWSOME though. Well I'll just have to make it even better this time ;)

Nimono
03-06-2007, 11:45 AM
2.10test.qst is NOT bugged. Try getting the .qst file again. And as for remotely deleting screens... Go to the map the bugged screens are on and click "Delete Map". That should do it.

And trust me, IT IS NOT BUGGED. My quest, Adventure in Mysteria, was built using that tileset. The only "bugs" in it are the fact that no starting Bombs or Magic were set, but I kinda took advantage of that in the quest. :p

I have no idea why your screeens crash the editor and player. Perhaps you did something you shouldn't have done. It's the only logical explanation. Perhaps you should tell us what you did.

Oniyuri
03-06-2007, 11:58 AM
Ugh... That's tough... That means I'll have to remove all parts of my quest that I'm proud of (the overworld) and will only keep what's not worth showing(dungeons). Well, probably some copy/pasting will do the trick to save my overworld! :O Well, strings, custom tiles and all that data will be intact at least.

Btw, how can I be sure thing doesn't happen again? Making quests is fun, but repairing 'em is hell T.T

Oniyuri
03-06-2007, 03:54 PM
Hmm... managed to actually get the broken screen work again. Dunno what I did, but now it works at least. :/ I'll just go back to work then! :D

Bull Bizard
03-07-2007, 09:52 PM
I had the same problem several times.
I thing Zquest have internal bugs sometimes and randomly.
Think about making backup files of your quest often (it take 1 minutes to do this) or pray for it never crash again ! ^^

Plissken
03-07-2007, 10:20 PM
Ok my bad. I remember that there was a minor thing wrong with it but I wasn't sure, sorry.

Oniyuri
03-08-2007, 12:44 PM
From now on I will have a backup archive! Though I think the strange crash must have had something with layers to do. Anyway I'll be pretty safe now if I create backups frequently! Thanks for the idea! :D