PDA

View Full Version : Suggest me a tileset for an Arabian Quest.

Megalosaurus
03-05-2007, 12:22 PM
Hello. I'm new to ZC develop.

---Im going to make an arabian themed quest, so i need a base tileset to edit, and to add tiles, sprites and edit every enemy/character.

---Need a 16 bit style tileset which resembles an arabian feelling. Need aqua, snow, fire, forest and desert minimun.

---Also i want to work in 2.10 version. And if know about an arabian melody, let me know the name.

---All suggestions are welcome. :D

Revfan9
03-05-2007, 04:38 PM
Well, you can always take the original Pure tileset or the SD3 tileset (deleting all of the sprite stuff, of course) and add your own stuff onto it. Or, you can always build your own ;P.

Megalosaurus
03-06-2007, 06:22 PM
All right.

What does mean SD3? Is the Secret of Mana 3?

Thank you for your suggest.

Still waiting for more suggestions on tilesets, loosetiles and music, all with arabian feelling. Or a song like the one used in overworld of Tao of Link.

:tongue:

C-Dawg
03-07-2007, 12:19 PM
The only games I can think of with an Arabian Theme had totally boring tiles but stuck the main character in a turban to show the "arabianness." (Magic of Scherazade)

4matsy
03-07-2007, 09:36 PM
...Doki Doki Panic? <_<'

*is impaled through the head by a hookshot*

Imprisoned
03-08-2007, 02:18 PM
Try something with loads of sand and brown rock dungeons... useful tiles can be found in Adventure Tileset

Revfan9
03-08-2007, 09:17 PM
Eh... I wouldn't use the adventure tileset, mainly because the tiles in it suffer horrible color loss.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b283/Revfan9/zelda071.gif
Use SD3 desert tiles for the overworlds (adding more objects, of course)

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b283/Revfan9/zelda119.gif
Use TotR dungeon tiles.

Megalosaurus
03-14-2007, 12:34 PM
---Thanks.

---It seems i need to build my tileset from pieces. OK.

---Just, please, what does mean SD3 y TotR? I need the correct names to make an accurate search on the DB.

---And NO, I don't want to make a Doki Doki Panic Quest. (for those of you wich don't understand, DDP is the arabian game ported to america as SuperMarioBros2 [Google for "Doki Doki Panic"]).

---Magic of Scheherazade is a GREAT game, a mixture of Zelda & ChronoTrigger for the NES. Really that game inspired my future quest. It is not going to have boring tiles, i personally gonna make every enemy sprite.

---Thank you to all. And i still wait for more suggestions graphics, music, and everything.

Revfan9
03-14-2007, 03:42 PM
SD3 is the SNES game Seiken Densetsu 3. TotR is the SNES game Treasure of the Rudras, or as you would more commonly find it called, Rudra no Hihou. SD3 has a tileset with a good deal of the tiles from it in the PureZC tileset database. However, there are very few rips from RnH that you'll find in the database, or anywhere really. If you want those dungeon tiles, I'll give them to you. As for the rest of the graphics you want from the game, you'll have to rip them yourself.

Patrick Spulock
07-26-2007, 04:13 PM
well I also may suggest ripping a few tiles from the Final Fanasty Adventure
Tileset.especially the palm trees and genie boss.because
you may use the genie boss as a boss in your quest.