PDA

View Full Version : Singular Flags

pkmnfrk
03-04-2007, 04:29 PM
I'm led to believe that the Singular Flag (and its cousin Singular + 16-31) are designed for things like a number of torches to be lit in any order, etc.

I'm also led to believe that the way to use them is to set the trigger flag (burn, etc) as the inherent flag, and to put the singular flag as the regular flag. Then, set the "All Triggers -> 16-31" screen flag, make sure the secret combos are set up properly, and away you go.

However, this isn't the case. I don't know if it's a bug or a mistake on my part, but I couldn't get it to work.

featest.qst (http://ohrdev.com/featest.qst)

This is a simple test case I prepared, with a simple puzzle where you have to pound all the stakes to gain access to the door (which doesn't lead anywhere :))

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

Luigi
03-04-2007, 04:43 PM
Easy - enable the 'Permanent Enemies->Secret' screen flag - as soon as the ninth pound combo is hammered into the ground, the door is accessible.

pkmnfrk
03-04-2007, 08:51 PM
Huh. That works, although it seems to be a bit counter-intuitive. "I don't have any enemies, permanent or otherwise. Why would I ever need to check that flag off?" Either way, thanks.

Is this the specific reason for this flag, or does it have some other use (perhaps with real permanent enemies)?

CastChaos
03-05-2007, 05:06 AM
It's really strange that you need "permanent enemies => secret" when there are no enemies... Without enemies, basically this screen flag should activate the secret permanently upon entering...

And why the "all triggers => 16-31" screen flag? I thought that the difference between the two singular flags is that "singular" activates secrets only in that particular tile while "singular +16-31" activates secrets also in Secret flags 16-31. Then why the "all triggers => 16-31" screen flag separately.

It wasn't such complicated when I was using 2.11b10b once... I managed to get it work just about in half a hour...