PDA

View Full Version : Error: No custom quest!

Oniyuri
03-03-2007, 04:34 AM
So it begins.
I got ZC yesterday, played it for a long time and enjoyed it. Then I sat down with the quest editor for an even longer time and enjoyed it as well. For about four hours I had been working on a quest, with a whopping nine screens of overworld and one dungeon so far. In the dungeon the item was the blue candle, but when picked up I couldn't use it. Why? Because it was set to use magic and I had none! Ofcourse I now went to the init data window in the editor and made sure link should start with some magic. The next time I tried to launch my quest I got this "Error: No custom quest!" message. :mad:

Is this a common error? Is it easy to get around?
Is there some other way to save my quest from a bitter death?

Btw I used the '210test.qst' to build my quest on. (just removed all the screens)

If you need more info just ask!
Thanks in advance! :eek:

erm2003
03-03-2007, 07:51 AM
Go back into ZQuest and under the Quest menu (I believe) you should find the options to edit the Header. Make sure your quest number is set to 0 in the header. This is how ZC will know it's a custom quest. It should load properly after that.

Oniyuri
03-03-2007, 08:53 AM
What you first suggested didn't seem to work, but once I cleared all the fields in the header it worked though! I'm grateful that you pointed me to the header at least! :eek: Now Link will finally be able to go past those peristant bushes and make his way further into "The Badlands".

Case closed!

Russ
03-03-2007, 10:59 AM
Before you get much farther, stop. 2.10 test is bugged. The don't work. I know this because I created a quest using 2.10 test. Don't use it unless your quest doesn't use bombs.

Oniyuri
03-03-2007, 01:03 PM
What is it that doesn't work with 2.10 test? For me everything have worked nicely until this very moment, and even bombs work nicely in the quest as well. I'm only curious. :)

erm2003
03-03-2007, 01:35 PM
russadwan: The problem with 2.10 test quest is that the initial number of bombs and magic weren't set properly. If you make those changes in the Initial Data screens, then there won't be a problem at all.

Oniyuri
03-03-2007, 01:40 PM
Then I've already sloved it! :D Only problem is that link walks above the doors in the dungeon... :S It appeared when I added a extra floor layers. if anyone knows what might be wrong please tell me.

erm2003
03-03-2007, 01:42 PM
Are you using freeform dungeons? When you make the doorways you need to use a special type of combo, overhead. Right click the combos you are using for doors and you can find the property in there.

If you aren't using freeform (basic dungeons with central doors just like in Zelda 1) then use the Door template to set them, don't draw them in manually. They should already be set to work for you.

Oniyuri
03-03-2007, 02:41 PM
Ok, thanks! I was using free form dungeons so that must have been the case. With all problems solved I can now nicely start creating the woodlands of the badlands. :D