PDA

View Full Version : call me an idiot :P

catfriedrice
03-01-2007, 09:43 PM
I've dug through a bunch of topics here, tutorials, etc. but have yet to find my answer

1: Lets say I wish to import 2 tilesets. What I've currently done is opened both, then exported their palettes, combos, and tiles. What do I need to do to insure I can import both, without one overwriting another.
2: I'm using 2.10. I downloaded the quest tileset PTUX ( http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=tilesets&id=42 ), but I don't have the option to create a dungeon or cave (when I set the template, I get flowers and rocks around where the walls should go). I know it's for 1.92 B182, but I've seen others use it. what am I doing wrong?

Joe123
03-02-2007, 03:50 AM
2) With more advanced tilesets, such as Pure and DoR and just about everything that isn't Z1, the Dungeon Template tool and the screen 83 template tool have very little use any more, as the tiles are not longer organised into the hard-coded positions for them. In short, you have to draw out your own dungeon rooms really rather than relying on a template. You could draw out one room in one of the 8- screens at the bottom, and then copy that as a basis onto what room you're doing - but square rooms generally dont look great anyway.

catfriedrice
03-02-2007, 09:40 AM
2: Thanks man. I was going to hand code them anyway, but I figured I better check make sure I ain't screwing up somewhere, which would cause me to restart my game again. I see them, but they are colored very poorly against everything else. I suppose I'll need 1 answered below.

1: Let me expand/change this one: Lets say I have 4 maps for my quest. On map 1, I want to use tileset X, pallete Y, and Combo's Z, all from the same download (PTHX e. g.). on maps 2 - 4, I want to use tileset A, pallete B, and Combo's C from the same download (http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=tilesets&id=18). How would I set this up?

3: Let me add one more: I see tiles that I want to use. Trouble is, I can't find them on the listing to the right. can I grab them from the "Tiles" area, or do I need to make them combos.

Joe123
03-02-2007, 01:35 PM
3) You have to make them into combos - there is an almost identical questions to this about two topics down on this forum, it doesn't hurt that much to read around a bit does it... Try the 'Help with Tilesets' topic posted by Supern00b.

catfriedrice
03-02-2007, 06:44 PM
3) You have to make them into combos - there is an almost identical questions to this about two topics down on this forum, it doesn't hurt that much to read around a bit does it... Try the 'Help with Tilesets' topic posted by Supern00b.

I've dug through a bunch of topics here, tutorials, etc. but have yet to find my answer

I actually did read topics, but I was more interested in the answers to 1 and 2. I edited in 3 just before going to work.

Now I've seen someone do 1, so I know it's possible...

Joe123
03-02-2007, 06:54 PM
Ah ok, sorry

catfriedrice
03-02-2007, 11:54 PM
Ah ok, sorry

'tis alright, you didn't know.

4: EDIT: Disreguard this. Link didn't work in 2.10, but upgrading to the 2.5 (2.14b142etc) beta worked wonders.
Note the change and add it to my question in #1
EDIT AGAIN: No, No, lets see if there is an answer to this other than upgrading. 2.14b142 crashed on me and I lost all I had done when I tried to autolayer a certain map. I also missed the edging that told me what was on other screens. So, I'll go back to 2.10 and go from there.
I read this http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=94304 and I have the same problem. However, I'd like to know if there is a fix without upgrading.