PDA

View Full Version : Sony promises to resolve PS3 shortages

Tygore
03-01-2007, 09:04 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2007/02/28/sony-hopes-to-resolve-ps3-shortages-by-may/

In case you were wondering, Sony still believes that they can invent reality.

The_Amaster
03-01-2007, 10:51 PM
Well, of course, everyone knows that PS3s are in such demand. I mean, everyone just has to have a PS3, what with those ebay sellers who were trying to make a profit having to sell at near retail price now. I've heard that sarcasm is hard to recognize in print. That was sarcasm

MottZilla
03-01-2007, 11:09 PM
Wii on the other hand is so cheap and Nintendo can't stock them well enough that assholes buy all the Wiis they find to sell on ebay. They don't even make very much of a profit either. But they still make it near impossible to buy a Wii.

Aegix Drakan
03-01-2007, 11:27 PM

I find the lengths that Sony is going to to make themselves look good to be disgusting. Just how stupid to they think we are?!?

Every time they open their mouth, they make themselves look even more stupid. When will they learn to keep their traps shut?

MottZilla
03-02-2007, 03:19 AM
You need to remember though, the general public is stupid.

DsS Game
03-02-2007, 09:59 AM
lol @ empty boxes.

Sony is that stupid if they think that the PS3 boxes are actual empty boxes...

Warlock
03-02-2007, 11:12 AM
I can see the next headline:

"Sony promises we will remain in 1st place, continuing to outsell the Wii and Xbox360!"

MottZilla
03-02-2007, 11:39 AM
The funny this is, if they were empty boxes, why are they behind security measures and not just on shelves as the display boxes they would be then? Hm...

The only good news for Sony is that PS2 is still alive and kicking. Strange I know, in my opinion the PS2 has been very dead for quite awhile. But I guess alot of people are just now buying a PS2 and have alot of games to buy. But I don't think it'll last as long as Sony hopes. I mean technically PS1 was around for quite some time but once PS2 came out, any decent games coming out for PS1 were gone. Just because you can pump out 7 more madden games doesn't mean the system is alive. ;p

Warlock
03-02-2007, 12:16 PM
The funny this is, if they were empty boxes, why are they behind security measures and not just on shelves as the display boxes they would be then? Hm...

The only good news for Sony is that PS2 is still alive and kicking. Strange I know, in my opinion the PS2 has been very dead for quite awhile. But I guess alot of people are just now buying a PS2 and have alot of games to buy. But I don't think it'll last as long as Sony hopes. I mean technically PS1 was around for quite some time but once PS2 came out, any decent games coming out for PS1 were gone. Just because you can pump out 7 more madden games doesn't mean the system is alive. ;p

Right, I know Toys R' Us does the empty box thing, but they are right in the open. After we waited in line at Target to get a Wii for my little brother for Christmas, we went over to Toys R' Us and they had all the Wii boxes out. But the guy said they were all empty. So like you said, there are no security measures for empty boxes. Also, I'm not aware of any other stores that do that (or not many). Besides, generally speaking if they were out of systems they wouldn't be displaying the boxes (I think the Wii ones were out because they had advertised getting new systems in the day before and it was new so they wanted to show they carried them)

ZTC
03-02-2007, 12:33 PM
I lol'd

They have a PS3 on display at the local WalMart with a few in stock; I remember back when they were announcing at timed intervals over the comm system that "We have a PS3 instock for only $600 dollars!". They still have it.

Grasshopper
03-02-2007, 03:59 PM
Gamestop and EB Games shows off empty boxes. They also advertise empty box even if they are out of stock.

Warlock
03-02-2007, 04:26 PM
Gamestop and EB Games shows off empty boxes. They also advertise empty box even if they are out of stock.

That's only because they want preorders. Thus they can keep the box out and say, "Sorry, we don't have any, but why not preorder so you can get one when we do?"

I think most non-gaming-specific stores don't use empty boxes, other than perhaps Toys R Us. Unless they are setting up some kind of specific display unit (i.e. putting one next to the kiosk or something), or they use a ticket system (i.e. have the empty box, then a bunch of tickets next to it, and the employee grabs one from the back room when you bring him the ticket).

But again, if they are going to use empty boxes no one is going to bother with security on those - they aren't going to have empty boxes locked behind glass where they are hard to see, or with those spider security things around them, etc.

Grasshopper
03-02-2007, 04:51 PM
That's only because they want preorders. Thus they can keep the box out and say, "Sorry, we don't have any, but why not preorder so you can get one when we do?"That still doesn't explain the boxes for games or systems thats already out. You can't preorder stuff thats out, so its like the store just poops out boxes. You could start a bonfire with the amount of boxes in my store. Its like walking into cardboard hell.

MottZilla
03-02-2007, 07:29 PM
Just Sony related and amusing. http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=14861

Flash Man
03-02-2007, 07:30 PM
At my Wal-Mart we put security devices on empty boxes sometimes. People will steal the empty boxes sometimes too.