PDA

View Full Version : Kinda new, have some questions. Any help?

metroidvictim
03-01-2007, 06:35 PM
I was wondering if theres any way to use the "jump" function in v2.10 or implement it at all? I also would like to know how to do intros and cutscenes. Is there any way I can change the sfx for the whistle to something else? And would like to know if theres a way to create custom bosses, like make them do a different type of movement, speed, and animate more than a 4x4 set of tiles? Any advise would be much appreciated thank you!

The_Amaster
03-01-2007, 07:11 PM
Actually, just about every feature you mentioned there is implemented in the upcoming 2.5.

Pineconn
03-01-2007, 08:15 PM
Or, for some of those, you can use some advanced combo cycling. :p But yes, 2.5 would be a lot easier.

metroidvictim
03-05-2007, 02:13 AM
ok cool, thanks! i know you guys must get this all the time, but do you know when 2.5 comes out? and whats advanced combo cycling? could you give an example of how a boss uses it?

Joe123
03-05-2007, 12:31 PM
Heh, combo cycling on a level to make custom bosses is very complicated and takes a very long time. Theres a tutorial on making custom bosses in I Dont Know's tutorial at the top of this forum, you could have a look there, but its not easy.

C-Dawg
03-07-2007, 12:14 PM
Custom bosses are now almost trivial, conceptually, thanks to scripts. Complicated bosses will still require alot of scripting, but the practical limits to what you can do are greatly reduced.

Check out my LMGS unlocked quest file down in this forum. You can browse around and see scripts for many varities of custom boss behavior. The simpliest way to make custom bosses now is just ghost an enemy to follow around a freeform combo, and then move the freeform combo around the screen according to some script. That's what most of the custom bosses in the quest file are.

This weekend I hope to have time to program a code snippet that will let the boss "react" to being hit. Essentially, it will check whether the ghosted enemy's hit points have dropped, and if so, it will lunge away from the player about one combo's length. Adding this script to normal movement scripts should make simple ghost+scripted movement bosses just as good as those in the gameboy Zeldas.

metroidvictim
03-12-2007, 05:05 AM
Thank you, actually that IDONTKNOW's tutorial really helped! Thank you guys for that!