PDA

View Full Version : help with tilesets

s00per_n00b
03-01-2007, 11:57 AM
ok so I went to Quest->graphics->tiles, and I found some tiles that I would like to use. How do I make them "useable" so to speak?

Joe123
03-01-2007, 12:11 PM
Well, assuming by 'use' you mean place down onto a map, they have to be set up as combos - but I would've thought that most tilesets don't have too many tiles with no combos attributed to them (unless you want to use sprite tiles or summat) so try scrolling down the combo list with 'Shift-Pg Up', or your mouse scroll wheel I think.

If that's not the case, and you need to make your own combos, go to Quest-> Graphics -> Combos. Select a blank (black box with red square) combo and press 'Edit'. To set it to the tile that you want to use, click on the box in the upper-left and find your tile from the tile sheets. The next box over from that one decides whether a combo is walkable or not - pink is unwalkable. To give your combo attributes, such as water, hookshot grab etc. you just select from the list on the left. If you want it to animate, your animation must be on consecutive tiles on the tilesheet. Set the tile to the first one, A.Frames to the number of tiles there are and A.Speed to how fast you want it to animate - with 0 being very fast and 99 being very slow