PDA

View Full Version : How far

Majora
02-28-2007, 10:24 PM
Do you think ZC is gonna get to before:

A) the programming gets too "improbable" that it's beyond the limits of the Devs in terms of:
a)Time
b)Resources

Just curious. ZC has made A LOT of progress since 1.00, any predictions on when ZC will be "perfect" and still be within a reasonable limit of the Devs abilities?

I predict ZC will get to Version 9.X (possibly 10.X) at the rate it's going now, by the year 2012.

(BTW, this is a kind of rip-off of the "Imagine PS100" thread in gen. gaming discussion)

The_Amaster
02-28-2007, 10:45 PM
I imagine nothing is off limits, when you remember that what seems impossible now, may be easier after several incremental steps are taken to reach it. As for the devs, well, as old people leave and new ones join, I'm sure there will always be a ready pool of talent. As for perfect, if by that you mean making a Nintendo quality game, well forget it, as their so far ahead of us. Which means that hopefully ZC will be an ever evolving project for years to come. By 2012 I predict definatly Minish Cap 2-D quality, and possibly 3-D.

(And for those who say that 3-D is impossible, remember how not so long ago the same was said of the Roc's Feather)

*b*
03-01-2007, 04:22 AM
(And for those who say that 3-D is impossible, remember how not so long ago the same was said of the Roc's Feather)

Just a note, it was never deemed 'impossible', just improbable and impractical. Recent changes to the development and additions to the staff have enabled it to be implimented

As for the topic, I don't think this will ever happen. I believe ZC will slowly fade (God forbid) and die before it reaches it's "limit"

_L_
03-02-2007, 05:33 AM
3D is completely impossible. Allegro doesn't support it, and possibly never will.

Same with porting to systems that Allegro doesn't exist on, or don't even have public C compilers.

Roc's Feather was never impractical or impossible. I'd consider the construction of the scripting system to be much more miraculous.