PDA

View Full Version : Some kind of record?

Beldaran
02-28-2007, 11:57 AM
I think I may have been banned and then unbanned more times than anyone else.

Anyway, check out what I've been doing with my time:

http://www.forrestkyle.com/photos/ff2.jpg

Dechipher
02-28-2007, 12:25 PM
Maybe on one account, but there are people I think who've been banned more.
You're up there though.

I don't know how I feel about that picture.

Aegix Drakan
02-28-2007, 12:29 PM
>_> I just don't see how you could get banned! You're too cool to be banned!

and although that picture is...umm...nasty...It is also pretty damn funny.

DarkDragon
02-28-2007, 03:08 PM
Maybe on one account, but there are people I think who've been banned more.
You're up there though.

Stray Cannon comes to mind.

Glenn the Great
02-28-2007, 09:46 PM
You sure it's happened to you more times than me?

Beldaran
02-28-2007, 09:58 PM
You sure it's happened to you more times than me?

haha possibly not as many as you. Especially considering the often dramatic circumstances around your departures. I get banned for next to absolutely nothing and then get unbanned whenever the forum software gets upgraded.

mikeron
02-28-2007, 10:12 PM
I think Uncle Luigi is the ban king, although lightingz had a good run there.

Brasel
03-01-2007, 12:02 AM
No, you see lightingz is always coming back with different names now. Belderan has stuck with one I believe, maybe two, I can't remember. Lightiningz is a ban evader, much different than just a ban waiter outter.

Drunken Tiger
03-01-2007, 12:16 AM
Toolie also comes ot mind, I remember he was made Admin for a bit too.

Beldaran
03-01-2007, 01:24 AM
No, you see lightingz is always coming back with different names now. Belderan has stuck with one I believe, maybe two, I can't remember. Lightiningz is a ban evader, much different than just a ban waiter outter.

I have had three accounts over the past six years or so.

1) reclusivefreak - My first account. I showed up and got banned after my third post or something. I was just being a smart ass. Deserved it. I registered like 7-8 months later as Beldaran because I had a question about Zelda Classic or something. I forget.

2) Forrest - This is a temporary account that I made when I lost my password and one of the admins got it back for me.

3) Beldaran - my current account. Named after a little blond girl in a fantasy novel. But I'm not gay though.

Toolie
03-01-2007, 01:46 AM
The only record I hold, I think, is the most consecutive unnoticed posts in a row. In the staff forum which I wasn't supposed to be able to access, at that.

Beldaran
03-01-2007, 01:48 AM
Speaking of Toolie... has anyone seen him around lately?

Drunken Tiger
03-01-2007, 02:01 AM
He posted 3 mins before you, but i guess we're all just browsing anyway. Not much activity in here these days.

Daarkseid
03-01-2007, 04:15 AM
-=SPOILER=-

Spoiler tags work?

Edit: Excellent.

Beldaran
03-01-2007, 10:55 AM
He posted 3 mins before you,

I was telling a joke. :laughing: Read his post, then read mine.

Drunken Tiger
03-01-2007, 01:09 PM
Oh I get it.. Silly me. :p

Sam Atoms
03-02-2007, 10:46 PM
The only record I hold, I think, is the most consecutive unnoticed posts in a row. In the staff forum which I wasn't supposed to be able to access, at that.

I remember that, absolute top-shelf comedy.

Dechipher
03-03-2007, 10:40 PM
Yeah too bad it's gone now...

The_Amaster
03-03-2007, 11:02 PM
You know, it is amazing, I mean downright amazing how many people in this forum have over 3000 posts. You people have been around for ages.

(When I started this, it had revelance to this topic, but it got lost somewhere along the way)

ShadowTiger
03-04-2007, 01:04 PM
There was far, far, far more activity three or four years ago than there was today. It was definitely not uncommon for a thread that you just replied to to find its way to the next page of threads within mere minutes.

Beldaran
03-04-2007, 01:16 PM
yeah I've noticed that this place is like a crypt now. Sooooo quiet.

Dechipher
03-04-2007, 03:06 PM
You know, it is amazing, I mean downright amazing how many people in this forum have over 3000 posts. You people have been around for ages.

(When I started this, it had revelance to this topic, but it got lost somewhere along the way)

Just to point out, you have 666.

KJAZZ
03-04-2007, 05:50 PM
I really can't stand the original Final Fantasy 2. You really could have found a better game to play, Beldaran. :p

Regardless, it has always been amusing to me to see you and others reappear countless times, in a neverending cycle of bannings and unbannings.

Master Ghaleon
03-04-2007, 06:40 PM
yeah I've noticed that this place is like a crypt now. Sooooo quiet.

Do not disturb the crypt keeper or he may let all hell brake loose.

The_Amaster
03-04-2007, 07:01 PM
Crypt...Jeez, if this is a crypt, than I'd love to see a bustling party. We get more posts in an hour than around 98% of the forums on the net get in a day.
Sure, it may be less than before, but I still put us in the top one or two percent when it comes to activity. Heck, on the official forum for a bestselling book series, they got somewhere around 4 posts a day

Beldaran
03-04-2007, 08:39 PM
the AGN boards used to be like a chatroom... but many interesting members were banned, some flipped out, and some just faded away.

The_Amaster
03-04-2007, 08:45 PM
I'm personaly hoping that when ZC 2.5 comes out, with it's ever so awsome features, we'll get a huge flood of members.

Glenn the Great
03-04-2007, 09:20 PM
Crypt...Jeez, if this is a crypt, than I'd love to see a bustling party. We get more posts in an hour than around 98% of the forums on the net get in a day.
Sure, it may be less than before, but I still put us in the top one or two percent when it comes to activity. Heck, on the official forum for a bestselling book series, they got somewhere around 4 posts a day

I don't care about 98% of the forums on the Internet. 98% of the forums are insignificant garbage. I tried to explain this to you, but you are still very young, and it is expected that you would still have a hard time grasping such concepts presented to you.

Most people who enjoy forums as a hobby will find the active ones and hang out there. Most forums aren't exactly meant to be big social gathering places, as much as they are for 4 people to ask a small question every day.

AGN used to be in one of the top categories of activity for a forum, and those were great days. I remember when you could get on AGN during the evening on a weekend, and have there be more than 100 members logged in at a given moment, just posting away. General Discussion was always one of the most active forums, and a newly posted topic might move off the first page within an hour or two.

I think that some of the Admins and other staff here cut off this forums circulation until the bulk of it decayed and atrophied away.

The_Amaster
03-04-2007, 09:47 PM
Yeah, I have to agree with ya there. Most of the forums out there are crap.

ZTC
03-05-2007, 12:02 PM
Do not disturb the crypt keeper or he may let all hell brake loose.

Where is Goat anyways?

MrCow
03-05-2007, 12:42 PM
I remember when goat was but a boy... now hes a full grown goat and he has responsibilities... such as eating more grass, climbing up on picnic tables, biting peoples asses when they get to close..... COME BACK BE A BOY AGAIN. NO MORE FULL GROWN GOAT... MAN!

Pineconn
03-07-2007, 09:20 PM
I think the reason that AGN seems to be losing its... activeness is that it isn't really interesting anymore (this is coming from a guy who's been around for only almost 2 years, remind you). Back in the day (which, again, I have no idea what was like), there were contests and the conventions. Most likely to go to jail? :D We should do these again.

And when the top admins left and moved on with their lives, they failed to really hand over their positions. (Plus, there are a TON of mods.) There just needs to be more publicity. Remember when ZC was featured on a TV show? I mean, come on, that's awesome. But that was several years ago.

What's left of the community? Some awesome members, check. A few new, awesome quests, check. But the QDB is totally screwed up, and the ZC beta forums seem to be full of nothing but bickering (TEH BETAS R GETTING TEH BUGGIER!).

Just my daily rant. :) It's not that I don't like AGN -- I do, that's why I come back all the time. I don't plan on leaving anytime soon, either. But ZC, the feature of AGN, needs to be publicized more, IMO.

ShadowTiger
03-08-2007, 10:37 AM
Personally, I'm still in favor of GB's return. I will gladly volunteer myself to be the forum's whipping boy (Once again.) if it can keep AGN going. Activity in one place causes activity in other places of AGN as well. It's the proverbial raging fire to discuss everywhere else where there is no fire.

Member posting contests couldn't hurt either. :p A few places do them and it works out fairly well for themselves, if the members don't actually spam to get there. (I.e. a post consisting of more than three simple sentences.)

Glenn the Great
03-08-2007, 04:04 PM
Bringing back GB the way it was would be a mistake. History would repeat itself. It was removed for a very good reason.

The forum divides the community. It becomes a spectacle ground where a few people put on a show humiliating unpopular members, and then all members have to post at AGN with the fear hovering over them that if they do the slightest thing to annoy someone, they will get roasted mercilessly.

No better way than that to split up the "elite" from the regulars, and that is the sort of thing that got AGN into this mess.

The_Amaster
03-08-2007, 07:39 PM
if the members don't actually spam to get there. (I.e. a post consisting of more than three simple sentences.)
Yes

That is true.

Spam is bad.

shadowboxer2007
03-09-2007, 01:58 AM
I think i been baned the most. i been a on and off member for about 7 years now I know agn way back when they where on a free host. many members have long since been dead. I think i will just keep comming just to bug people on and off. I kind of like it.

Dechipher
03-09-2007, 03:18 AM
I think i been baned the most. i been a on and off member for about 7 years now I know agn way back when they where on a free host. many members have long since been dead. I think i will just keep comming just to bug people on and off. I kind of like it.

I kind of like the ignore button, so please just keep one account.

Pineconn
03-11-2007, 10:07 PM
That wasn't 3 sentences. ;)

Well... I too am up for some kind of interesting contest, activity, or whatnot. And I'm typing this sentence just to have three sentences. :p

Glenn the Great
03-11-2007, 10:32 PM
If we were going to have a contest, I'd suggest a contest to create the funniest comic or other media related to AGN and its history and members. Hilarity would surely ensue.

Lilith
03-12-2007, 02:42 AM
all the older forum members grew up/got lives etc and all the news ones have no personalities, that's the prob :( I don't pay attention to things much around here but I don't see any worthwhile personalities like Nonny or Goat of AGN's heyday. Just gamefags rejects.