PDA

View Full Version : The Newdefault quest world

King Aquamentus
02-28-2007, 12:23 AM
Here we might have a decent world for the Newdefault quest. I've been in discussion with Revfan on some of the dungeons, and he has a few good ideas that I think will work well with my overworld design.

The overworld started as a boxed in standard overworld square of the Twilight Princess overworld (Gamecube). Designed merely to hold and shape the old one into the rectangular quest form. Then, being 16x16 respectively, it got cut up into a north and south half.

the North overworld is the main overworld in this newdefault map. The south overworld (containing the lake and desert in the west, and and forest in the east) is a special overworld, much like in "The Longest Journey".

the main land starts off in a town, I guess you could consider this to be what TP's "Castle town" would have been in the old sketch. To the east is a graveyard, mountains to the northwest, beach in the northeast (remember, it's not the TP overworld. Not anymore anyways). The north edge of the south overworld is all water. River.what have ye.

I'll be very glad to have assistance on the dungeon designs from him and my newdefault peers, Hypercrash, Bigjoe, Bloodstar, etc.