PDA

View Full Version : What is everyone playing these days?

Cloral
02-26-2007, 10:39 PM
See title. I just finished Tales of the Abyss and will finish Zelda very soon (last time I played I finished off the City in the Sky). I've got Wii Sonic which I'm playing through, but I find that I can only play it for 15-20 minutes at a time before I gotta do something else. What other games are out there right now that people are playing?

MasterSwordUltima
02-26-2007, 10:40 PM
Portable Ops > All

The_Amaster
02-26-2007, 10:52 PM
I'm workign my way through a little known game called Geneforge 2, and at the same time, it's sequal Geneforge 3. Great freeform RPGs.

Archibaldo
02-26-2007, 11:12 PM
Pheonix Wright: Justice for All. I'm just starting the last case.

erm2003
02-26-2007, 11:13 PM
When I have time I have been going through Twilight Princess again. I have to get back into Red Steel and try to progress further through the game. I downloaded Mario 64 from the VC and every now and then I have been playing through that as well. I don't usually have time for anything except for on the weekends.

{DSG}DarkRaven
02-26-2007, 11:55 PM
I've been playing several of those games listed in the La-Mulana thread, that one included. Console games are too expensive right now, but as I've just secured a new job with a pay raise and much better hours, I'll be Wiiing in no time.

Yoshiman
02-27-2007, 12:05 AM
I just finished Halo 1 and 2, and Ninja Gaiden. I still have to beat Final Fantasy XII, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Okami, and Atelier Iris 2.

I know I'm late on these things. >_> Not having the money for new systems sucks.

Pineconn
02-27-2007, 01:01 AM
Yeah, pretty much Twilight Princess. I'm on my 4th playthrough, doing it without a shield and with no secret moves (save the first one). Next I'll do the 3 heart challenge. :D

Prrkitty
02-27-2007, 02:50 AM
Age of Empires III, SE and Chuzzle Deluxe (Chuzzles remind me of Tribbles).

MottZilla
02-27-2007, 05:30 AM
Gears of War, Crackdown, Gears of War, Gears of War. And some NES classics like Kid Icarus.

phattonez
02-27-2007, 10:00 AM
I'm just first going through Twilight Princess, and that's the only game I'm playing. I haven't played any games for about a year, so I'm going along pretty slowly.

Petoe
02-27-2007, 11:06 AM
I'm trying to get a Wii in a few days, and if I succeed in it, I will start playing Twilight princess, finally! :)

Right now I am playing Final Fantasy V Advance and I've almost beaten the game.

GhostOfStarmen
02-27-2007, 11:35 AM
I am little more than half-way or 3/4 through La Mulana... And I play random other games including LoZ: Twilight Princess. I really need to finish Trauma Center: Second Opinion also.

{DSG}DarkRaven
02-27-2007, 12:06 PM

Oh, yes! I forgot about that. I'm also playing FFV-A. I'm nearly done with the bonus dungeon, and my constant level griding just brought me to level 80 yesterday. And I'm still not strong enough to face the new mega bosses.

Aegix Drakan
02-27-2007, 12:21 PM
Twilight Princess

SE

SRB2

Random games on my DS, whatever suits my mood.

Glenn the Great
02-27-2007, 01:36 PM
World of Warcraft

Dechipher
02-27-2007, 02:52 PM
Occasionally I find time to dabble with Pikmin and Paper Mario TTYD, but usually no games here.

redmage777
02-27-2007, 03:06 PM
I'm playing Popful Mail on SegaCD (GENS Actually, I can't get any of the Genisis systems I have to work on their own, let alone with the SegaCD) An intresting game that deserves alot more credit then it then it got. I've also been playing Kings Quest VI: Heir today gone Tomarrow, but I seem to remember all the puzzles flawlessly so its not as much fun as I remeber.

Cloral
02-27-2007, 05:04 PM
That's the problem with those puzzle games. You can only play them once. Though I do find it hard to go back and play any game again these days. I did go back and play Wind Waker and FFX again, but at that point it was well over a year since I had played them previously. I also don't have the patience to max out my characters after I've already completed a game. If there's a new challenging dungeon that adds something new though, then that's fair game (like the dungeon in DQ8 that added to the story and actually unlocked a better ending - that 'postgame' sequence was pretty good).

I've been thinking off and on about getting FF12, but I feel like I'd only be getting it because of the FF at the front of the name. Also I notice that none of you are playing it. I think what I'd like most right now would be a good adventure game. But I've already done Twilight Princess and Okami, and those 2 seem to be the big adventure games of the moment. Is there anything else out there I've missed?

Glenn the Great
02-27-2007, 05:30 PM
I'm playing Popful Mail on SegaCD (GENS Actually, I can't get any of the Genisis systems I have to work on their own, let alone with the SegaCD) An intresting game that deserves alot more credit then it then it got. I've also been playing Kings Quest VI: Heir today gone Tomarrow, but I seem to remember all the puzzles flawlessly so its not as much fun as I remeber.

KQ6 was such a wonderful game, and the puzzles were so special to me, that there is no way I could forget any of them.

Kairyu
02-27-2007, 06:47 PM
I haven't been playing much of anything lately, mostly just AWBW. I'll play Twilight Princess when I get access to my Wii, but until then not much.

slothman
02-27-2007, 07:04 PM
I'm workign my way through a little known game called Geneforge 2, and at the same time, it's sequal Geneforge 3. Great freeform RPGs.
I am playing 3 right now.
I haven't bought them so I only play part way.
Eventually I do want to get them.
If I had money that would lileky be the first
games I'd get.
Have you done anything with 4 yet?
I downloaded it but haven't tried it.
Supposedly it's different than the other 3.

KJAZZ
02-27-2007, 08:55 PM
Just beat FFVI Advance, finally borrowed Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance from a friend, so that's what I'm playing through now. Quite fun. :D I also have FF3 DS and Children of Mana to work on, but those are more on the side.

vegeta1215
02-27-2007, 10:12 PM
I finished Tomb Raider Legend a month or so ago, and just finished Chibi Robo last week. I have several portable games to play: FFV Advance, Children of Mana, and Magical Starsign. I'm not sure when I'll get to them though.

Orion
02-27-2007, 11:11 PM
I, too, am playing Twilight Princess again (2nd time). I'm finding that I really do like the beginning of the game, it is quite good. I might have been to hard on it.

Otherwise I'm playing Kid Icarus occasionally, and DKC (though I'm not that great at the latter). I'm in the middle of Okami and FF12 but I haven't been in the mood to play them lately.

Oh yeah, and Fable PC as well. But I think I'm almost done with that. I just don't have the attention span I used to.

Darth Marsden
02-28-2007, 08:09 AM
Contrary to my signature (which I should probably update at some point), I've finished SiN* and Unreal**. I'm mostly playing Twilight Princess now, since Amazon FINALLY got me my GC copy. It's fun, but I'm finding the Epona controls just a tad too arcady. Minor niggle though, it's a great game.

Also occasionally going back to the Ratchet & Clank series*** and Xenogears****.

*Or rather, Wages of SiN, with it's duel-pistol goodness.
**Played through UT with the OldSkool mod, again with duel-pistols. Actually, duel enforcers, although I found that every time I went through a map change, I'd lose one of them and have to use 'summon automag' to rectify it.
***I think it's finally losing it's appeal - I'm getting less interested in it as time goes by.
****Again. This time with the added appeal of a downloaded strategy guide.

ZTC
03-02-2007, 01:04 PM
GameCube: Soul Calibur II.
Once I get on my PC again... Geneforge 2, Geneforge 3, Brave Soul, Melty Blood + ReAct
PS1: Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2, Final Fantasy 8, Castlevania - SotN
PC Engine: Dracula X: Rondo of Blood
Game Boy: The Legend of Zelda - Link's Awakening (for Game Genie code testing)

Now if I can get the display working for Enter the Matrix and Metal Gear Solid 2 - Substiance for the comp working (blank screen for both sucks...)

DarkFlameWolf
03-02-2007, 04:06 PM
I'm trying to get a Wii in a few days, and if I succeed in it, I will start playing Twilight princess, finally! :)

AH-HA! So that's where ALL your time is going to rather than Lost Isle! :odd: :D :glare:

Anyhoo, I am currently on these:

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings
Gamecube: Baten Kaitos, Zelda: Twilight Princess, Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, Zelda: Four Swords Adventures, Resident Evil 4
Virtual Console: Super Mario World, Contra III: Alien Wars
Game Boy Advance: Final Fantasy V Advance, Final Fantasy VI Advance, Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga, Summon Night: Swordcraft Story
PC: Doom 3 mods, Prey, Zelda Classic quests

So yeah, I'm hopping back and forth between the lot of them at the moment.

Beldaran
03-02-2007, 05:11 PM
I'm playing Final Fantasy for NES. I never played that game much when I was a kid and I want to see if I can beat it.

It's going to take me forever though because I only have a couple hours a week to play.

Masamune
03-02-2007, 05:33 PM
Gamecube: Super Smash Bros: Melee
DS: Both Phoenix Wright games, Yoshi's Island DS, and Resident Evil DS.
PC: WoW: Burning Crusade, Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne, and Biohazard 4 (yeah, on PC :P)

That's it I think.

Modus Ponens
03-02-2007, 08:32 PM
I just finished Final Fantasy VI Advance, and it was superb. Now I'm very close to completing Cave Story, which is a wondrous piece of software, to say the least. I'm also getting into Dark Cloud 2 again, which is good and bad--I have yet to really sink my teeth into either Final Fantasy XII or Rogue Galaxy, both of which I own and enjoy playing.

Oh, the hardships I face.

Brasel
03-03-2007, 11:07 AM
I've been thinking off and on about getting FF12, but I feel like I'd only be getting it because of the FF at the front of the name. Also I notice that none of you are playing it.

I beat it some time ago. I'm pretty sure that a lot of the rest of us have too. FFXII was awesome. One of the best in the 3D FF games. WAAAY better than FFX in my opinion.

I just beat FFV Advance. I started Playing Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga and I'm also hacking away at FFVI Advance. I'll probably start playing Morrowind again once I get out of the field too.

I can't get into Portable Ops. I'm really disappointed that I can't. I'm sure its an awesome game.

gdorf
03-03-2007, 12:00 PM
I am still stuck playing Warcraft 3. :shrug:

Although, I am also play Castlevania PoR for the DS and Cave Story for the PC.

Drunken Tiger
03-03-2007, 12:40 PM
PSP for me:

Tekken
Winning Eleven
Fight Night

*b*
03-03-2007, 04:51 PM
.hack//G.U. Rebirth
FFXII
Twilight Princess
And of course, Melee

mikeron
03-03-2007, 07:46 PM
Most of my free time has gone into watching The Sopranos on DVD and screwing around with Perl.

Most recently:
Tremulous (PC) [free]
Battle for Wesnoth (PC) [free]
Frozen Bubble (PC) [free]

Ongoing:
Final Fantasy: Chrystal Chronicles (GCN)
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion (PC)
LoZ: Twilight Princess (GCN)

Glenn the Great
03-04-2007, 01:08 AM
FFXII is great. When I first got it, I had heard that many people weren't liking it much, and I admit I wasn't too happy with it at first. The beginning is slow and hard to get into, but a few hours in, once things open up a bit and you are given some time to grind and work towards a large amount of equipment and spells, the game becomes very addicting, and the story seems to just keep getting better and better. Eventually I was finding it harder to put down than any other 1 player game I'd ever play.

FFXII makes FFX look like crap. FFX was crap anyway. One of the strong points of FFXII is its characters.

Another neat thing is that the game seems clearly inspired by Star Wars. Balthier is clearly Han Solo, and that bounty hunter Bangaa must be Boba Fett, even down to the use of exotic weapons.

I also really appreciate the Shakespearean prose of the dialogue. It brings back a certain spirit to Final Fantasy that I feel has been missing since the franchise moved to 3D.

I also like how the game encourages you to stop and grind every once in awhile. Too many RPGs these days follow this formula where as long as you don't run from any fights, you can just plow your way through the game and always be of suitable level.

I haven't finished the game, because as soon as the WoW expansion Burning Crusade came out, I stopped what I was doing with the game and have been back on WoW.

Imprisoned
03-04-2007, 10:19 AM
Wii:
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (2nd time)
Wii Play (medals)
also I'm trying to get 20 to my Wii Fitness Age. Ain't gonna be easy, though.

DS:
Mario & Luigi: Partners In Time
Metroid Prime Hunters (2nd time)

What a great time we are having with video games :)

Dechipher
03-04-2007, 03:10 PM
I've recently rediscovered Runescape and I still enjoy that game, which I haven't played in over '999' days, according to Runescape.

SpacemanDan
03-04-2007, 03:25 PM
DS:
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (Beat it, but am doing the quests, and trying to get decent times on Boss Rush)

GBA:
Final Fantasy V Advance (Also beat, but am trying to find the Necromancer job.)

PC:
Diablo II (It's sad, but I've yet to beat the darn thing! I've only ever made it to Act 3 on normal... :mad:)
Land Of Dreams (RPG Maker 2000) (Beat it, and will probably go back to it, with the assistance of the sidequest manual! :))
Romancing Walker (RPG Maker 2000) (Beat this one, too, but am trying to get all 7 endings.)

DarkFlameWolf
03-04-2007, 05:08 PM
Holy crap, someone on here is actually playing my Land of Dreams! O_o, when I look back on it and with concerns to my current rpg I've had in progress for the past two years, its a piece of crap. Sad but true. If you think LoD is an awesome rpg, meh, you're sorely mistaken, it was amateurish and what I'm doing now far surpasses that POS. LMAO, but regardless, thanks for enjoying the game! XD

KJAZZ
03-04-2007, 05:53 PM
I think I actually downloaded that RPG of yours, DFW, but never got around to playing it, and that was on an older computer. Maybe I'll give it a whirl one of these days if I can find the download again...

I also played through Romancing Walker, Blaman. Rather enjoyed that one. (Hayami FTW)

DarkFlameWolf
03-04-2007, 09:16 PM
Well, let me tell you Kjazz, don't expect much from it, was a newbie effort. I'm hard at work on something many times better than that. Land of Dreams was before my work here at Zelda Classic with my myriad of quests. You know I can make quality stuff 'now', but not necessarily back then when it was created. I'm hard at work making my next RPG be something worth writing home about.

Daarkseid
03-04-2007, 10:08 PM
I'm playing the original FF3 on my NES.

http://www.nesreproductions.com/

The guy on that site can build actual cartridges that play games that weren't released in the US, including games that have fan translations.

I'm also playing Mercenaries in Resident Evil 4, hopefully to get the Handcannon bonus. I've gotten 5 stars on all the stages with Leon, now I'm trying to do it with Ada.

EDIT: Okay, now I'm playing the main RE4 game, with the Handcannon. Yes!

ShadowTiger
03-05-2007, 10:22 AM
Now Playing:

Guild Wars: Prophecies
Finishing up Warcraft III + Frozen Throne. Already finished all official Campaigns; now to find some great custom content. Well, some more, anyway.
Zelda Classic. Can't seem to get away from it. :p Though I am using it in significantly lesser quantities these days.
Tales Of Phantasia.
Begun playing Megaman Battle Network 2. Hope to play through the whole series. Damn fun stuff. (Though I hate, hate, hate Random Battles. @ @.'
SSBM. I am literally ALWAYS playing SSBM whenever I'm alone in my room with the GameCube. Either that, sleeping, or changing clothes. According to those who frequent tournaments, I would be a valuable asset to their team. Fun. I play as Samus, Mario, Falco, and am considering Link, Pikachu, Marth, and the Cap'n for the remainder of my team. Mostly focusing on Samus though.
Unfortunately, I also have Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (http://www.vgcats.com/comics/images/040216.jpg) to finish up. :sweat: I can't stand that game, yet I can't stop playing. > <, Heh.

mikeron
03-05-2007, 11:12 AM
Finishing up Warcraft III + Frozen Throne. Already finished all official Campaigns; now to find some great custom content. Well, some more, anyway.
http://www.dwarfcampaign.com/

DarkDragoonX
03-10-2007, 10:56 PM
Been playing lots and lots of World of Warcraft, mostly. My epics were replaced by blues, and must now be replaced with epics again. Damn you, Blizzard!

Other than that, I've been having fun with Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, which I was a bit late in picking up. The Nightmare of Druga has also enthralled me... it's actually quite a good roguelike, if you're into that kind of game. Finally, I've been enjoying some Steel Battalion. I don't pull it out much, since it's such a pain to set up, but it's always great fun when I do.

EDIT: I feel the inexplicable urge to mention that Soul Calibur 3 always gets loaded up when friends are over... come on Namco, give us a fourth game already! With online play, please.

Cloral
03-11-2007, 12:12 AM
I've actually gone back to emulation for a while, with the likes of Lost Vikings and Mario RPG. I wish Blizzard would make another Lost Vikings game.

Darth Marsden
03-11-2007, 11:18 AM
Heh, yeah. Lost Vikings was fun.

I'm currently working on some compilation DVDs for myself (shoving the best mods onto one disc so I never have to download them again), so at the moment I'm playing Duke3D again. I'm trying to update it with the newer High-Res graphics, but without the new 3D enemy and weapon models, which just seem... soul-less to me.

Dupl!cate
03-11-2007, 04:38 PM
Always playing WoW as my feral druid on Suramar.

Castlevania: Portrait of ruin on my DS, and I am trying to force myself to pick up either Xenosaga or FFX2 to finish the game.

I am gonna play castlevania on the PS1 the RPG once I get it from my friend.

mikeron
03-12-2007, 01:24 PM
A pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel in his pants. When the bartender asks, "Is that a steering wheel in your pants?" the pirate replies, "Yarr, it drives me nuts."

:toast:

Nicholas Steel
03-13-2007, 09:03 AM
http://www.dwarfcampaign.com/
thanks for that :) rather nice campaign, shame for the lack of vocals but eh IT'S FREE !

Darth Marsden
03-13-2007, 11:52 AM
thanks for that :) rather nice campaign, shame for the lack of vocals but eh IT'S FREE !
You might also enjoy these (http://maps.worldofwar.net/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=11), this (http://warcraft3.filefront.com/file/Black_Company_Campaign_Beta_v15;67145), this (http://mods.moddb.com/6392/fairglen-the-forgotten-lands/) and this somewhat familiar epic (http://warcraft3.filefront.com/file/Zelda_mod;72988), while you may well want to keep your eye on this one (http://mods.moddb.com/6470/starcraft-15-3d-conversion-maps/) as well.