PDA

View Full Version : Imagine what would a PlayStation 100 would be like?

cbailey78
02-26-2007, 08:50 PM
Take a look into the VERY FAR future, Imagine what a Playstation 100 would be like. Give us your thoughts!

ctrl-alt-delete
02-26-2007, 09:00 PM
I can't decide which response is better...

Response A. There will never be a Playstation 100, because the PS3 is so advanced it will never be obsolete!

Response B. The Playstation 100 will be a complete ripoff of whatever the Nintendo Puu (Poo...lmfao) is.

I think I like B better.

erm2003
02-26-2007, 09:02 PM
At the rate Sony is going, the PS100 will be whatever you saw before you flushed.

The_Amaster
02-26-2007, 09:03 PM
it injects itself into your brain, thsu causing the experiance to happen as completly real to you.

cbailey78
02-26-2007, 09:07 PM
Response A. There will never be a Playstation 100, because the PS3 is so advanced it will never be obsolete!

I agree, a PS3 does look like a PS100!

Yoshiman
02-26-2007, 10:31 PM
If Sony doesn't shape up, they won't make it past PS4.

But just for kicks:

A system priced at $1,500 (half the price of a brand-new pc), competing with the Xbox Octahedron, which offers the same graphical powers as the PS100, and Nintendo O, which is a circlet-looking prepherial that fits on the head and transmits signals to the brain offering virtual reality.*

The PS100 and Xbox Octahedron are able to play games on a holo-table with photo-realistic graphics. The PS100 contains titles such as Final Fantasy XXXIV (rabid fangirls complain of no "hawt bishies"), and Metal Gear Solid 98 (Snake is a brain in a jar attatched to a robot)

*Anyone who gets this refrence wins a free intangible internet cookie.

Pineconn
02-27-2007, 01:12 AM
No, you're way off. Both the PS1 and PS2 were priced at $300 (according to Wikipedia). The PS3 is $600. That means every 2 systems, the price will double (or add $300, but I like doubling it more, heehee). So after doing the math, the PS100 will cost $168,884,986,026,393,600. Someone verify I did that right.

MottZilla
02-27-2007, 05:32 AM
Yes but because of inflation you might be able to work at McDonalds making 26,000,000$ an hour. So no big deal. ;p

There will never be a PS100. Why? Human Civilization will either end or dramatically change and there will be no Sony Computer Entertainment.

goKi
02-27-2007, 06:17 AM
Video Games will not be around for another 500 years. I doubt they will even be around for the next 50. They won't be around in their current form, with a huge market for them. Companies like Sony won't see dollar signs in the industry, and will pull out of the market.

redmage777
02-27-2007, 03:17 PM
Still if Big companies get out of the picture, little companies and independant developers will continue to produce games for whatever platform thay can get their hands on (PC most likely.)

Then again, Moores Law is only predicted to last about 30-50 more years, at which point technology will have maxed out to the point that computers advace alot slower then they do today. If full fledged computers stop advancing quickly there will less for the next generations of consoles to offer over the last generation, so they will be fewer and farther between. If Sony's is still making console, I doubt they they will continue to use the "PlayStation" name forever, If things continue they way they are for the PS3, then if there is a PS4, its real name could very well be something else, Sony will want to distace the new console from the PS3 as much as possable.

Even so a shift in they way the gaming business is run is almost cirtain, With downloadable content becoming more and more prevelent it will have to change.

Orion
02-27-2007, 11:16 PM
Yeah I don't think the gaming industry will last that long. People will find other things to amuse themselves. Videogames are just a drop in the proverbial bucket.

redmage777
02-28-2007, 03:02 PM
Do you beleive Movies and Television are just "a drop in the proverbial bucket?" Both seem to be going strong after almost 100 years, and from what I can tell, there is no sign that they are going to disapear completle anytime in the forseeable future. PC are not going to vanish either, and they serve as a cheep and effective platform on which to develop games (No Licencing fees, more open standard.) Many of them are in place for other purposes (Business, Email/Surfing.) While big business might stop pumping money into the industry, and jaw-dropping cutting edge graphics may become a thing of the past, there will still people who create games for the joy of letting others play them, and there will likly be people willing to do so.

Beldaran
02-28-2007, 03:11 PM
Say a new game system comes out every six years. That means the PS100 will come out in approximately 580 years. In 580 years, humans will have created an articial intelligence that is vastly superior to our own, and these machine overlords will supplant us as the highest evolutionary form on earth. They, in turn, will create even more intelligent machines until eventually a god machine is created that has onmipotent and omniscient power. This is will be a technological singularity which we cannot concieve of.

Pineconn
02-28-2007, 05:18 PM
Well, either that, or we'll all be nuked. Then we'd have to wait millions of years until cockroaches evolve into intelligent life forms and reinvent video games.

Beldaran
02-28-2007, 09:02 PM
hen we'd have to wait millions of years until cockroaches evolve into intelligent life forms and reinvent video games.

And one of their early arcade hits would be a top down shooter called "Human-pede" in which a long train of humans scurries down the screen in horizontal lines. The cockroach must fire at them from behind mushrooms. As the humans get closer to the bottom they speed up!

Majora
02-28-2007, 10:16 PM
Do you believe Movies and Television are just "a drop in the proverbial bucket?" Both seem to be going strong after almost 100 years, and from what I can tell, there is no sign that they are going to disappear completely anytime in the foreseeable future. PC are not going to vanish either, and they serve as a cheep and effective platform on which to develop games (No Licensing fees, more open standard.) Many of them are in place for other purposes (Business, Email/Surfing.) While big business might stop pumping money into the industry, and jaw-dropping cutting edge graphics may become a thing of the past, there will still people who create games for the joy of letting others play them, and there will likely be people willing to do so.

A nation of inflation in desperation!

Can you spell the name of the program this site is devoted to?

(Hint: Starts With "Zelda" and ends with "Classic")

But seriously (as in on topic) assuming that it will get to PS100 with the Nintendo (insert a 3 letter whose spelling pattern is "consonant" "vowel" "repeated vowel") and the XBox Pi, not only will it be expensive as hell, it will be the absolute end for Sony (which would lead you to question the universe itself: "How did it EVER get to a hundred? I though for sure the PS4 was the *3 hour rant on its failures* one!")

mikeron
02-28-2007, 10:17 PM
If people are still buying Playstations at that point, hopefully mankind will be destroyed by some sort of biological pestilence/nuclear holocaust, putting him out of his misery.

Majora
02-28-2007, 10:33 PM
If people are still buying Playstations at that point, hopefully mankind will be destroyed by some sort of biological pestilence/nuclear holocaust, putting him out of his misery.

the PS100 sucked SO much, emotionless robots got desperate!

beefster09
03-01-2007, 10:56 AM
There won't be a PS100. Sony will go bankrupt by PS5. It's a little sad (in a sarcastic way) that PS3s are already readily available. Third parties will soon realize that PS3 has little to offer compared to XBox360 and Wii. PS3 will lose a ridiculous amount of customers and money, try one more time with a PS4, then lose out and give up. Sony's downfall is caused by the lack of games.

Darth Marsden
03-01-2007, 05:22 PM
There won't be a PS100. Sony will go bankrupt by PS5. It's a little sad (in a sarcastic way) that PS3s are already readily available. Third parties will soon realize that PS3 has little to offer compared to XBox360 and Wii. PS3 will lose a ridiculous amount of customers and money, try one more time with a PS4, then lose out and give up. Sony's downfall is caused by the lack of games.
Okay, I'm with you on that EXCEPT for Sony going bankrupt. They have their fingers in so many pies, it'd be very difficult to let them all go cold. The gaming pie sure, but they've also got the electronics pie, the video pie, the communications pie, the IT pie...

Crap. Now I'm hungry. Stupid analogy.

Prrkitty
03-01-2007, 08:09 PM
... knowing Sony... that would be blackbird pie :)

Pineconn
03-01-2007, 08:20 PM
PS3 will lose a ridiculous amount of customers and money, try one more time with a PS4, then lose out and give up. Sony's downfall is caused by the lack of games.

That's what everyone said about Nokia and their N-Gage. (http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2007Feb/bga20070227003059.htm)