PDA

View Full Version : Secret Rings

Cloral
02-25-2007, 03:39 PM
Did anyone else pick up this game? I want to see what other people's impressions are of it.

edit:
Hmmm? Nobody else get this? Well ok then, I'll just go ahead and post my impressions. Overall, I think the game works. When I heard that there were only 7 levels I was disappointed, but in fact each 'level' is more like a world where there are a number of missions to complete, so there's still enough to do. It can get frusterating at times, because it sometimes feels like Sonic just won't do what you want. In particualr, I find that getting Sonic to jump the way I want is often rather tough. Thrusting the controller forward to do the homing attack works, but I still really wish they would get rid of the stupid attack completely. Those things aside though, the controlls usually work well and feel pretty good (except for when they put you in a flying pot - if you play the game, you'll see what I mean). It also looks pretty good for a Wii game. So in the end, I think the positives outweigh the negatives and make it worth playing. But if they release a sequel, they'd better fix the control issues or I won't be as forgiving.

Orion
02-25-2007, 11:21 PM
I've been on the fence about picking up this game, but I haven't been able to find it yet. I just don't know if it's worth $50 to me.

Pineconn
02-25-2007, 11:42 PM
Yeah, most of the reviews (GameSpot, 1Up, IGN, TheHylia) seem to agree with your points. I say buy the game, it's supposed to be really fun and you can get pretty involved with it. You could be forgiving for the controls considering it's a Wii game (as develops had to relearn everything), though some Wii games do have nice controls...

DarkFlameWolf
02-26-2007, 09:36 AM
well Sonic after switching to the 3d realm, has always had play control issues, like they didn't have enough time to fine-tune the controls on every 3d game they've made.

Tygore
02-26-2007, 11:06 AM
I've heard positive things about this game, in the vein of "the 3-D Sonic games have never been all that good and this is a huge step in the right direction". I'll add this to the list of low-priority games I pick up used during a dry spell.

Cloral
02-26-2007, 07:19 PM
well Sonic after switching to the 3d realm, has always had play control issues, like they didn't have enough time to fine-tune the controls on every 3d game they've made.

Oh they've had plenty of time to get it right, they just haven't for whatever reason. Like they know people will buy games with Sonic in them even if they aren't that good, so they don't bother to take the time to fix the issues in them.

Orion
02-27-2007, 11:18 PM
What do you think Cloral, worth the $50? Or a wait-and-buy-when-it-hits-the-bargain-barrel?

Cloral
02-28-2007, 12:52 AM
Maybe wait on it, unless you're desperate for something to play on the Wii. I would say get it, but when you put it in those terms, it is hard to say, "Yes, it is worth $50."