PDA

View Full Version : Worlds hottest chili pepper found...

Prrkitty
02-24-2007, 02:47 PM
I wonder, honestly, how many "chili heads" could handle *this specific* pepper?

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/02/23/hot.pepper.ap/index.html

Din
02-24-2007, 02:52 PM
One word: "HOT!"

Pineconn
02-24-2007, 02:56 PM
That article states that the world's hottest pepper is 100 times hotter than the average jalapeño pepper. Yeah, there's no way I'm eating that. :sweat:

GhostOfStarmen
02-24-2007, 03:36 PM
Curiosity killed the cat... But this time it might kill me. I really want to try this pepper now...

Glenn the Great
02-25-2007, 08:03 AM
That article states that the world's hottest pepper is 100 times hotter than the average jalapeño pepper. Yeah, there's no way I'm eating that. :sweat:

If you eat this pepper, it won't actually taste 100x hotter than if you ate a jalapeno, since your tongue has an upper sensitivity level to spicy food which isn't much higher than a jalapeno. What is significant here, is that you could dilute this pepper by a factor of 100 and it would still have the same effect as a jalapeno.

Toolie
02-25-2007, 08:35 AM
I don't know about that Glenn. I can't seem to find much information online regarding a theoretical upper limit to intensity detection. From personal experience, I've eaten habaneros whole and it certainly isn't comparable to eating a jalepeno.

I've got a friend who likes to do extraordinary things as well. An example of this would be a breakfast of scrambled eggs with weapons grade pepper spray for flavoring. If the spray was just as detectably painful as a jalepeno, I'm not sure it would have been nearly as funny to see him rolling on the floor in agony.

I think perhaps you should take a taste test and document for us your personal experience. You should take one sweet pepper, one shot of tabasco sauce, one jalepeno pepper, and a habenero, and let us know what you think.

Glenn the Great
02-25-2007, 10:15 AM
I would actually really like to try that, as I love hot and spicy foods. I put hot sauce on almost everything I eat, I can eat jalapeno's whole unfazed, and even drink down any kind of hot sauce by itself.

I do know for a fact that the taste buds have upper limits to their detection. If the peppers are causing chemical burns and damaging nerves, that is a different story.

Master Ghaleon
02-25-2007, 12:21 PM
I love hot stuff but I dunno about that chili pepper, It would seem that you would burn your ass for days

Dogchew9
02-25-2007, 02:24 PM
I don't care how hot it is, as a hot food enthusiast, I WILL eat one before I die.

shadowboxer2007
02-25-2007, 03:27 PM
They are not that hot i have eat them. I eat them with eggs and ham tast really good.

Pineconn
02-25-2007, 07:14 PM
Yeah, I'm sure you have... :eyebrow:

I'm pretty much a wimp when it comes to spicy food. Putting a slice of a jalapeño pepper on my nachos and cheese, I need a gulp of Diet Coke right then. Which is why I stated I'm not eating that pepper. :sick:

Aireal Albatros
03-04-2007, 04:38 PM
I wonder, honestly, how many "chili heads" could handle *this specific* pepper?

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/02/23/hot.pepper.ap/index.html

On a scale of 1-10 10 being hottest how hot is this pepper?