PDA

View Full Version : Bumped up and extended.

Brasel
02-23-2007, 08:37 PM
Don't know how much of this I'm really supposed to talk about on here, but rumors have been flying around that my next deployment will be bumped up to July and extended to 18 months. Sucks. But hey, I'll make an assload of cash.

We've been in the field the past 10 days or so. I think its cool as hell that I brought internet to the middle of the woods again. Kinda neat. This thread is kind of pointless, just want to mention the deployment to anyone who cares I guess.

The_Amaster
02-23-2007, 08:39 PM
I feel for you. I don't know where you stand on the war and stuff, but I'm one of those "Support the troops, dislike the war" people. I wish you safety.

erm2003
02-24-2007, 12:11 AM
I feel for you. I don't know where you stand on the war and stuff, but I'm one of those "Support the troops, dislike the war" people. I wish you safety.

Agreed. Keep us updated and stay safe.

Darth Marsden
02-24-2007, 11:14 AM
Thirded. Watch your back, soldier.

Glenn the Great
02-24-2007, 11:36 AM
Does the military prohibit you from telling us where you stand on the war?

Prrkitty
02-24-2007, 03:06 PM
God bless and good luck hon. Keep your head low and your butt hunkered down.
<hug>

Brasel
02-25-2007, 11:20 AM
Does the military prohibit you from telling us where you stand on the war?

No. I can say whatever I want honestly. I can say that I think Bush is an ass, and I think this war is unjustified if I wanted to. I do think that helping the oppressed people in Iraq was a good reason to invade, though thats not why we invaded. I also think that even if the greatest army in the world is there to help, it won't do a lot of good seeing as the people in the middle east have been fighting each other for thousands of years.

I think the war was a bad idea. We got ourselves into something that we can't get out of. Saddam needed to be taken out of power, but there really wasn't a good way to do that. We did the best we could and now we're stuck. Everyone says that this war is like Vietnam, but I disagree. Its a little more similar to Korea. We'll have troops stationed there fifty years after the start of the war. Mark my words.

*Don't get me wrong. I'll still fight for my country and do the best I can for my unit, the army, and the United States. Even if the war is unjustified, we're keeping the enemies away from the homeland by being somewhere more accessable for them to attack. I'd rather have them fighting us in Iraq than running another plane into buildings over here.

mikeron
02-25-2007, 03:41 PM
Hopefully we'll have those Death Drones deployed sometime soon, a la Robocop, so you folks in the military can have nice jobs running the systems from an air-conditioned trailer in Las Vegas, just like the Predator pilots. Good luck.