PDA

View Full Version : Help with "events"

Majora
02-23-2007, 07:43 PM
in "Hero of Dreams" when you defeated the mini boss, at the entrance room, warp tiles appeared. Was a seperate DMap used, or is it really possible to trigger secrets in another room when a boss (or specified enemy) is defeated?

The_Amaster
02-23-2007, 07:48 PM
Yeah, it's called room state carryovers. How it works is that when the secrets on the one screen are activated, the secrets on the other are also. I don't know the specifics of how to do it(Although after reading some posts, I think maybe I do, and it was just a bug), but yeah, ....

EDIT: Okay, I do know that it's set up on the "Screen Data" panel, but that's about it.

rocksfan13
02-24-2007, 11:30 AM
Actually Amaster42, Hero of Dreams was made in 2.10, which did not have room state carryovers.

What Shoelace did was he used the dungeon Boss flag. By defeating the enemy in that screen that had the dungeon boss flag checked, he had the other room expose a secret by using the same flag. Only in the room that was effected the only enemy in it was a "trigger" enemy. And the level numbers for both screens were the same.
That is how it is done in 2.10. It's how I did it in LR3.
I made a sample quest to demenstrate how it is done HERE (http://www.zeldaclassicforum.com/showthread.php?t=978). It should answer all your questions, at least in 2.10 anyway. It works in 2.5 too, but why bother when you can use room state carry overs.
Now if you are using 2.5 beta, then room state carry overs do the same thing but without all that dungeon boss and trigger enemy stuff.

The_Amaster
02-24-2007, 11:32 AM
Ohhhhh...Okay. Well I know MW is using a beta anyway, and RSC are a lot easier.

bluedeath
02-26-2007, 08:22 AM
Is it possible that room state carryovers can be used when you activate a trigger from one screen?

rocksfan13
02-26-2007, 06:59 PM
Yes. As long as the room is on an "interior" type Dmap or a Dungeon type DMap with the "treat as interior" screen option is checked.

Joe123
02-27-2007, 03:42 PM
Does that mean you can't use them on an overworld Dmap? :confused: