PDA

View Full Version : Up to date secret combos and flags

CastChaos
02-23-2007, 09:29 AM
Now...

There are new weapons and weapon styles, but no secret flags and related secret combos? It would be vital to have Spin flags, Cross beam flags and such, similar to the current Burn flags, Sword flags, etc.

For example the hammer could be a separate page with four options: Hammer, Charged Hammer, Quake Hammer and Super Quake Hammer.

I believe these wouldn't cause bugs or not too many.

The "Secret flag editor" and the "Secret combo editor" can come after the stable 2.5.

Shoelace
02-23-2007, 02:16 PM
I agree with you on this one. The new items would be better off with new flags. One thing that should be added in is flags for scripted items. Say you make an item. There should be a flag that would get triggered if you hit it will with the item. That would be ideal because the items would be limited without it.

_L_
02-23-2007, 11:05 PM
I was wondering when someone would ask for Quake Hammer and Spin Attack combo flags...

The_Amaster
02-24-2007, 10:37 AM
Oh my Oh my, won't this be interesting. Now that we've all had a chance to cool off, it's back to feature requests. Not that I mind, mind you. I think custom item script flags are good.

erm2003
02-24-2007, 12:32 PM
The problem is these should have been implemented immediately once the items were created. There needs to be a way to utilize the weapon to trigger secrets and not just as a weapon.

This brings up a whole different problem then. If there is an item editor, is there something that allows the user to create flags and secret combos for that item?

_L_
02-24-2007, 11:11 PM
There needs to be a way to utilize the weapon to trigger secrets and not just as a weapon.Well, one thing I did do was implement the ZASM variable LINKCHARGED, which returns true if Link is currently performing a charged attack (spin, quake).

I'll add it to ZScript now. I'd also better add LINKWEAPON, which returns the item class (IC_*) of the weapon Link is using...

The_Amaster
02-24-2007, 11:24 PM
Which begs the issue, how many new secret slots do we make. I mean, it's easy (I'm guessing) that to make secret flags for item scripts isn't that hard, just specifing them by either item class or script number, but where do you cut it off. At 5? 10? We can't make it unlimited(Or practically, like 255) because we need to specify combos for each one.

*Sigh* 2.5 is a long way off.....