PDA

View Full Version : Worst Games Ever

Darth Marsden
02-22-2007, 08:10 PM
I know, I know, I'm always asking people questions. But that, to me, is how you get to know people. You ask them questions like this, and then you can kinda see what sort of person they are. So yeah, these questions are an attempt for me to get to know you guys. Sue me.

ON TOPIC: What, in your opinion, are the worst games you've ever played? I'm more interested in recent stuff, but if you've got horrid NES tales, then I'll hear them as well. C'mon, open up already.

Note: If anybody answers ET, I will rearrange their organs in alphabetical order.

For me, I'm gonna settle on recent stuff. Like Far Cry. I played it, and thought it was okay, until people starting killing me from miles away. And I started thinking I should be wearing shades. And headshots didn't kill people (this is my biggest gripes with FPS'. If I shoot you in the head, YOU DIE. End of). And I started cheating just to get it over with. And I realised 'This isn't fun. This is rubbish'.

There are others, but that's the biggest dissapointment to happen to me in a while. Your thoughts?

Plissken
02-22-2007, 08:52 PM
How about Superman 64? That was pretty bad. Ok but have you played any of te Bible games for NES? Wow those are some of the most horrid games I've ever played in my life.

Pineconn
02-22-2007, 08:54 PM
ET.

I just had to get it over with. :p I never played it.

Worst game, huh? That's hard, I don't really buy games I don't otherwise like. After thinking for a sec, I remember playing a Tomb Raider game on the PS1 or 2 (yes, I actually touched a PlayStation controller in my time. That was when I was... naive) about 4 or 5 years ago. It was absolutely horrible. I swear that there was no way to get past some area, but that was when I was a suckwad at games.

The_Amaster
02-22-2007, 09:52 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_worst_ever_video_games

Pretty cool page.
My personal worst ever is one I only ever tried, thankfully never buyed. Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing. Gahwd, WORST GAME EVERRRRRRRR.

ShadowTiger
02-22-2007, 09:55 PM
How about Superman 64? That was pretty bad.I heard that this was *THE* actual worst game ever made. Someone linked to the list on YouTube.

I don't really have a worst game. I just have games that I'd rather not play anymore and regret having played or purchased. My standards are too low.

Aegix Drakan
02-22-2007, 10:03 PM
Sonic Heroes for the lose!

>_< that game was so full of bugs that it was almost completely unplayable...in general, it just sucked. HORRIBLY.

There is only ONE good thing about that game, and it's called "WHAT I'M MADE OF".

My favourite song on my most hated game. Irony.

Plissken
02-22-2007, 10:07 PM
Yeah I didn't like Sonic Heros at all either.

Cloral
02-22-2007, 10:50 PM
My personal worst ever is one I only ever tried, thankfully never buyed. Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing. Gahwd, WORST GAME EVERRRRRRRR.

Oh god, I had forgotten about that game. I never played it, but I watched a video of a reviewer playing it and showing off all the messed up stuff in it - like going through a bridge or houses in the city, or driving off the edge of the map. That was frikkin hilarious.

I think the worst game I've ever played was Bebe's Kids. I downloaded it because I had seen it on a worst games list, and it certainly belonged there.

mrz84
02-22-2007, 11:07 PM
the only horrible games I've ever played were ET (my organs were alphabitized by DO the other day so nerts to you my friend), F-Zero Maximum Velocity for the GBA and Mappy Land (for the NES)

Warlock
02-22-2007, 11:10 PM
Back to the Future II & III for NES

Aegix Drakan
02-22-2007, 11:21 PM
OH! waitwaitwait! cancel my last vote.

there is a game I played that is even worse...

Animaniacs (SNES)

>_< I downloaded it a while back, cause I remembered wanting to try it when I was 10.

the first ten second were great. then, it went to pieces completely. if it weren't for state save, I wouldn't have even reached the end of the first level.

the gameplay was so bad...it made Heroes look playable!

Glenn the Great
02-22-2007, 11:34 PM
Oh god, I had forgotten about that game. I never played it, but I watched a video of a reviewer playing it and showing off all the messed up stuff in it - like going through a bridge or houses in the city, or driving off the edge of the map. That was frikkin hilarious.

I think the worst game I've ever played was Bebe's Kids. I downloaded it because I had seen it on a worst games list, and it certainly belonged there.

I played through the ROM of Bebe's Kids. That game, and most of the other "worst games" (at least those that are 2D) all have this similar feel that they were made by complete amateurs who never made a game before, and were more trying to just do something for the hell of it without really caring too much about quality. That at least, is the vibe I got from Bebe's Kids.

I'm not too impressed with a game being "unbelieveably bad" anymore, because really, it's too easy to make a terrible game. Most of them are made by people who really don't care what they are doing.

What's more interesting is when notable people who you'd believe would know what they are doing, and try really hard on their game, and hype it up, release it, and not only is it disappointing, but the bugs are so bad that the game can't even be completed in its release state. The one game that comes to mind in this regard is Daikatana. There is much to be said about this game that I don't care to repeat in a post, so instead I'll point you to the Wikipedia entry.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daikatana

Very interesting read on this one.

Prrkitty
02-23-2007, 01:38 AM
Several years ago after downloading and playing the demo of Daikatana, I bought the game manual... NEVER bought the game... <blah> The demo seemed to be worth the money to buy the full on game. Glad I didn't.

redmage777
02-23-2007, 05:29 AM
Kings Quest 8: Mask of Eternity... Take everything good about the Kings Quest games and throw it out then window (What was Roberta thinking?!) But its only fair to say Kings Quest 6 was one of the best games of the era, and the voice acting rivals even some of todays big-budget titles! If you can find the Kings Quest Collection, grab a copy, it comes with all the games except (Thankfully) part 8.

Darth Marsden
02-23-2007, 05:49 AM
Pineconn is currently in hospital, trying to have his heart and spleen put back the right way, while mrz84 is currently trying to extract his head from his ass. Again.

I've played Daikatana. Hell, I bought it (for a pound, no less). It's a bad game to be sure, but worst game ever? Personally I thought the original Tomb Raider games were worse, but that's only because they couldn't even remotely compare to modern standards coughprince of persiacough.

Sonic Heroes sucked. But not quite as much as Shadow the Hedgehog. :evil:

Also, Kings Quest 8, while not the greatest game, isn't as bad as people make it out to be. until you get to the second level, at which point everything takes a nosedive.

How about Ultima 9? That was pretty much unplayable, right? Or Catwoman? Worst film-to-game since (whisper it) ET. Hell, everything about that franchise sucked ass. Or maybe Worms Blast. Suckage to the max.

Pineconn
02-23-2007, 11:09 AM
Thanks for me, the doctor was quite good. I should give him a nice pay. I'm already back in school, which is where I'm posting this from.

I also recall playing Gilligan's Island for the NES. It was... BAD. Really bad. Oh well, back to work.

Orion
02-23-2007, 01:08 PM
How about Quest 64? The N64 RPG with no story or NPC's, and environments so bland that you'd often get turned around, because there was no map.

Fun battle system though.

Warlock
02-23-2007, 01:11 PM
How about Quest 64? The N64 RPG with no story or NPC's, and environments so bland that you'd often get turned around, because there was no map.

Fun battle system though.

That game was absolutely horrible. People *claimed* to like it, but honestly I think they were just fooling themselves into thinking that because it was the only damn RPG on the system at the time.

And I hated the battle system. There was absolutely no warning. You'd be walking then bam, you're in a battle and your guy is still moving because the thing happened so fast that you were still holding the analog stick to walk. I also remember something about gems or colored elements or something that was real wonky and didn't work well.

ZTC
02-23-2007, 01:36 PM
Of the ones in that list that I've played:
E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (gah....)
Revolution X (I've played the arcade version and enjoyed it, if not being a very long game

as for others I've played...
I'm too tired to remember any of em =/

Yoshiman
02-23-2007, 04:24 PM
I can't think of too many games that were the absolute worse games ever. Most of the games I own are of decent quality. I own games that people say are bad, but I still find them able to keep my attention for at least a few days.

I own Quest 64, and I don't think it's as bad as some people make it out to be. It's definitely no epic adventure like Final Fantasy VI, but maybe one of those rainy-day games.

However, I don't like Kingdom Hearts as much as some people do. At times it seems more like Final Fantasy Fanservice than it does a game in it's own right. The majority of the levels are really tedious, and the characters are really annoying. In most RPGs, I can end up liking a certain character and always include them in my party. But Kingdom Hearts made me want to kill Sora and Goofy (he did almost nothing to help).
Donald was cool, but that's only because he already kicked ass in the cartoons.

Darth Marsden
02-23-2007, 06:09 PM
Congratulations The Cyborg, you're the proud winner of a completely reorganised body! Enjoy.

New additions to the list! Crazy Frog Racing, which is so bad, there are no words to describe how mind-numbingly painful it is. I'd invent some, but even THEY wouldn't do it justice.

Bomberman Act: Zero. They took everything that was good about Bomberman, shit all over it, then slammed it into a shiny disc and tried to sell it for 50-odd bucks. And yes, the colon IS in the right position. Hmm.

The Army Men series. I got the first one a few years ago (yeah, the VERY first one) and it was crap. So how the hell have they managed to produce such a huge number of sequels/spin-offs, given that they're all just as crap, if not more so?

Anything involving Mark Kate & Ashley. Need I say more?

redmage777
02-23-2007, 07:35 PM
The Army Men series. I got the first one a few years ago (yeah, the VERY first one) and it was crap. So how the hell have they managed to produce such a huge number of sequels/spin-offs, given that they're all just as crap, if not more so?

Sad thing is all the (Heroes of) Might and Magic fans who wished 3DO would have put that much attention into that (sucessfull at the time) franchise instead instead of pretending people actually liked Armymen.

The Bad games that come from good companys are the worst, and it just makes me want to beat the executives on the head when said bad games get sequel after sequel, while the good ones get neglected... Now Ubisoft owns Might and Magic and now THEY are giving IT a bad name...

I still remeber an April fools joke about an "Army Man" faction being added to HoMM4... Talk about outrage.

Brasel
02-23-2007, 08:51 PM
How about Superman 64? That was pretty bad. Ok but have you played any of te Bible games for NES? Wow those are some of the most horrid games I've ever played in my life.

I had the one with Noah's Ark. Noah's Ark was great.

I'd have to say my least favorite game would have to be Final Fantasy X-2. The reason? You expected so much out of it because its a Final Fantasy game, and then you get some weird RPG with minigames that determine if you get the good ending...I HATE HATE HATE minigames that determine story events or things like that in games. I just really didn't enjoy X-2 at all.

Cloral
02-23-2007, 09:23 PM
I agree. Minigames have no place in the main progression of a game (I'm looking at you, Donkey Kong 64).

The main reason I played X-2 at all was to see if they added anything interesting to the story of X. When I eventually got totally sick of the game (which it so happens was at the thunder plains), I just looked online for a FAQ detailing the story elements. I haven't touched the game since.

vegeta1215
02-23-2007, 11:16 PM
I thought Sonic Heroes was okay. It wasn't a great game, but I had fun with it. From what I've heard though, the Sonic games on the 360 and PS3 are worse than Heroes, while Sonic for Wii is another step closer to old school Sonic than Heroes.

I never played the original Tomb Raider, but Tomb Raider Legend is a really good game. I recommend any action/adventure fans check it out.

Pineconn
02-24-2007, 01:15 AM
Congratulations The Cyborg, you're the proud winner of a completely reorganized body! Enjoy.

Welcome to the club! :tongue:

From what I've heard though, the Sonic games on the 360 and PS3 are worse than Heroes, while Sonic for Wii is another step closer to old school Sonic than Heroes.

Sonic and the Secret Rings looks really good. Like, really good - that I've heard from reviews. The only funky thing I'd imagine is that Sonic never stops running... unless you hold down a button.

Yeah, so almost every 3D Pac-Man game for any system is crap. Or so I've heard.

Darth Marsden
02-24-2007, 10:34 AM
Surprisingly, I half-enjoyed Pac-Man World 3. Pac-Man World Racing, on the other hand... ugh. It's the other 3D versions of classic games you also have to watch out for. Frogger, etc. WHY WON'T THEY JUST LET THEM DIE?

The_Amaster
02-24-2007, 10:41 AM
Frogger, etc. WHY WON'T THEY JUST LET THEM DIE?
Stupid cheap frogger rip-offs. WHY WON'T THEY JUST LET THEM DIE??

Yeah, I'm looking forward to Wii Sonic. My favorite one was the orig. Sonic 3(Or Sonic 3 and Knuckes) That to me mixed new fun elements with the classic speed.

Darth Marsden
02-24-2007, 10:46 AM
Yeah, I'm looking forward to Wii Sonic. My favorite one was the orig. Sonic 3(Or Sonic 3 and Knuckes) That to me mixed new fun elements with the classic speed.
Quoted for truth. It's my favourite in the series too. The sooner people can start doing proper ROM hacks on that game, the better!

The_Amaster
02-24-2007, 10:51 AM
Theres a version for PC called Sonic and Knuckes collection. Comes with Sonic 3, Sonic and Knuckes, and Sonic 3 and Knuckes. It's how I play, anyway.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm a veteran. Woot :kawaii:

Darth Marsden
02-24-2007, 11:01 AM
I meant new level layouts and stuff, like they've done with the first two Genesis Sonic games.

The_Amaster
02-24-2007, 11:10 AM
Ohhhhhhh...ok

Yeah, just about any game based on Pac-Man, Frogger, Space Invaders, etc.etc. is crap(Yes,m there are exceptions) These games were (and still are) fun to play, but we've come to expect more original stuff with our super advanced hardware of today.

And I heard ET was made and tested in like 5 weeks because they were so sure of it's potential, what with the movie and all.

Glenn the Great
02-24-2007, 11:33 AM
Ohhhhhhh...ok
And I heard ET was made and tested in like 5 weeks because they were so sure of it's potential, what with the movie and all.

You remind me of another point I want to make. This goes for Bebe's Kids (which is based on a cartoon movie) and many other games that are based on movies. Many of the crappiest games are based on movies, and the reason for that is because game companies are making a game just for the hell of it because they think it will sell just for being associated with the movie. They don't give a damn how good it is, they just want to trick people into buying it.

The_Amaster
02-24-2007, 11:44 AM
Charlies Angels: A video game based on a movie based on a TV show. We all know how this one ends.

Like 3rd worst game of all time, according to them.

Master Ghaleon
02-24-2007, 11:50 AM
http://www.theoldcomputer.com/Libarary's/Pictures/NESGameCovers/A/Adventures%20of%20Bayou%20Billy.jpg

This game is the worst game that I ever played

The_Amaster
02-24-2007, 11:53 AM
Do I even want to know what it's about?

Darth Marsden
02-24-2007, 03:13 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adventures_of_Bayou_Billy

...not really.