PDA

View Full Version : Can I go buy a Wii yet?

Gunslinger
02-22-2007, 01:10 AM
Unfortunately I missed out on the huge shipment to various Target retailers this previous Sunday. I'm willing to camp out this weekend if any will be available (I find it silly that camping is required to get one even two months after the console's release).

I hate calling the various stores in my area, as the employees either:
1. Don't have a clue when the next shipment will be
2. Love being assholes to their customers

So does anyone know about any upcoming shipments?

Grasshopper
02-22-2007, 11:03 AM
Check to see whether the store has already gotten a shipment earlier that week. I know that doesn't really help, by my Gamestop rarely gets more than one box of Wiis a week. And we already got a box Monday, so I don't think we'll be getting any more this week.

So if you're checking EB Games or Gamestop, ask a manager if they've received a shipment of Wiis already that week. Hopefully they would tell you. And if they have, it saves you the trouble in checking back the rest of that week.

I'm no tusre how other retailers work.

DarkFlameWolf
02-22-2007, 12:01 PM
I don't know, can you?

MottZilla
02-22-2007, 03:42 PM
Wii is still very hard to find in stock. Like Grasshopper said, get to your favorite store(s) and talk to the employees. I went to my local BestBuy and the guy said they get shipments on M, W, F. He said they ussually get them the night before actually, but to call and ask if they have any on those days. He even said if they say they only have like 2, to not even bother cause they'd be gone before you get there.

And I think this is a bad thing. Why the hell can't Nintendo keep up with demand? I don't camp out to buy shit.

Lotus_Eater
02-23-2007, 12:48 PM
Well PS3 is keeping up with demand at least right?
Sorry, just kidding, anyways, for Wal-Mart you should call around 11am on weekdays. Maybe a little later. That is what time we get our shipments of video games and movies in. Consoles usually also come with this shipment.