PDA

View Full Version : Two quick likely newb questions regarding Hidden Duality Director's Cut

hulk3rules
02-21-2007, 06:47 PM
Ok I just discovered ZC and have only played through the official Quest 3 so far, so I have no experience with these custom quests. I went and looked at the list for top rated quests at purezc.com and decided to go with Hidden Duality. My first question is this- on the page I got it from it said it was made using ZC 1.92 B182. I am running ZC 2.10 build 1. Am I going to run into any problems with this or should I be fine?

Next- I have played for maybe 30min of Hidden Dualitys DC and so far I have seen a few signs that I can't read, and people in town that I can't figure out how to talk to. Are these things just for show? Can you only talk to people that will talk as soon as you walk into the room they are in?

Thanks in advance. Also I apologize if these questions have come up before, but I couldn't seem to find a search feature for this forum

LinkMaster500
02-21-2007, 07:03 PM
1. For the most part, you shouldn't have trouble running that quest in 2.10 if it was made in 1.92 B182, but you might want to use the older version if you are having difficulty. I know things will not work the other way around.

2. In that quest, those people and signs are for show, but let me note that there is a way to make signs that you can read and people you can talk to by walking up to them. If you find and play some quests that have that, you'll see what I mean.

I think the search feature is only available to people who subscribe to the forum or have some other special privilege.

Love For Fire
02-21-2007, 11:58 PM
Before you get too far into this great quest... Get version 1.92! There are bugs with playing it in 2.10 where if you die in certain places you can be permanently stuck! (Not just this quests, but many 1.92 quests) There's nothing more frustrating then getting through 7 level of a great quest just to find you can't continue because of the 2.10 shop bug, or getting stuck in a wall. I speak from experience. Use the correct version and remedy the situation before you lose too much.

DarkFlameWolf
02-22-2007, 12:56 AM
Agreed, play it in the version it was made for. This is imperative.

hulk3rules
02-22-2007, 02:48 AM
Ok, thanks for the advice. I'm not too far in at all so shouldn't be a big deal. However when I go to zeldaclassic I see the following:

192 "the 184 player"
192 beta 183
192 beta 163

So I don't see the specific version that this quest seems to need. Help? Thanks in advance

DarkFlameWolf
02-22-2007, 08:06 AM
beta 183. All my quests to date should be played with 183.

Love For Fire
02-22-2007, 03:13 PM
the 184 player is perfectly fine as well. It fixes a map-crash bug, and I haven't encountered any bugs with it. The only thing you can't do is use the b183 ZConsole to cheat, but why would you want to cheat anyway ;)

erm2003
02-22-2007, 03:15 PM
The 184 player does have a few graphical glitches. One example, Gleeok necks appear to the side of the screen instead of where they should be. I do prefer it though because of that map bug fix though, just as Love For Fire noted.

DarkFlameWolf
02-22-2007, 04:24 PM
184 is worse, because of the gleeok bug and it was also the beta that introduced the patra bug where a single baby patra would be off the edge of the screen, making the enemy near impossible to defeat. Furthermore, it was also the advent of the continue bug, which is why I never converted my quests over to 183. I know this, which is why all my quests thus far are 183.

hulk3rules
02-22-2007, 04:34 PM
Ok thanks again for all the help. I guess I'll take darkflamewolf's advice and use the 183 player, since it is his quest

One last quick question- anyway to get my save file from 210 into the 183? I'm only on lvl2 so it's not that big of a deal if I can't do it, but it would be nice

Luigi
02-22-2007, 04:44 PM
One last quick question- anyway to get my save file from 210 into the 183?

I'm afraid not.

hulk3rules
02-23-2007, 01:34 AM
Hmm, I just ran into a bug using the version darkwolf suggested after dying. I was able to quick-save out of it though so I guess it is ok

EDIT- also is there any rhyme or reason to the map-crash bug? Anyway to know when it will work and when it will crash? So far I seem to be able to access it once, then the 2nd time I try is when it seems to go

DarkFlameWolf
02-23-2007, 08:13 AM
That's the only real main problem with 183. You can only access the overworld map once EACH time you load ZC. The second time, it'll always crash. So just plan for each boot of ZC to only view the overworld map once and only if you truly need to. Finally, I believe there 'is' a continue bug in 183, however, you CAN quick save out of it in 183. It was in 184 and beyond that quicking saving out of the continue bug did nothing and still kept you stuck.