PDA

View Full Version : La-Mulana (Not general freeware)

{DSG}DarkRaven
02-21-2007, 04:45 PM
So, for those of you who have downloaded this game, or for those of you who can read the japanese walkthrough, can anybody tell me where to get the 10x cartridge for the MSX so I can actually save the game? I have no problem getting around, save for the fear that touching anything will kill me, but it's frustrating not being able to save my progress at all.

Anybody else having this problem?

The_Amaster
02-21-2007, 08:08 PM
So that's how you save. I was wondering. Can't you buy MSX carts in one of the shops in the village?

{DSG}DarkRaven
02-22-2007, 10:10 AM
You can, but none of them sell the 10x cart, which is required by the manual for saving. I have yet to find it, and to be honest, though I agree with their "games are too easy these days" statement, a frustrating and initially unavailable save system is simply idiotic. I've spent a couple hours playing this game already, and I've gotten nowhere.

And it figures that the only walkthrough is in japanese, still. Blaster bolts!

GhostOfStarmen
02-22-2007, 02:34 PM
The not being able to save thing is untrue. If you want to save quickly, go to the left twice of your starting point and destroy the jar there(Unless you did this already, it doesn't respawn the money on the surface. ;( ) and go to the top most tent one left of your starting point. It should sell a green cartride "10x" and you can now equip that and save at the chief's tent.

Also, if anyone gets as far as being able to travel "Confusion Gate", I am there and willing to help to be helped. Some parts of this game are confusing, but in the end very rewarding.

{DSG}DarkRaven
02-22-2007, 04:56 PM
The green cartridge is called "Game Master", and it sells for ten gold. I wasn't aware you could use it to save. Thanks!

GhostOfStarmen
02-22-2007, 10:19 PM
Anytime. My cartridge is named 10xCartridge, though. Guess we have different version, but yea. Like i said, always glad to help.

jman2050
02-22-2007, 11:51 PM
The v1.01 english patch changed the name from 10x cartridge to Game Master. Nothing big, as they're both the same thing.

{DSG}DarkRaven
02-23-2007, 11:13 AM
The v1.01 english patch changed the name from 10x cartridge to Game Master. Nothing big, as they're both the same thing.

Doh! The manual still calls it a 10x cartridge.