PDA

View Full Version : Room-State Carryovers

The_Amaster
02-20-2007, 09:46 PM
This is totally obvious, but I've never gotten it, so can someone please explain to me how they work? I mean, step by step idiot proof instructions.

rocksfan13
02-24-2007, 11:44 AM
They are easy.

In the room that you wish to trigger the RSC, place either a "trigger (Sens Perm)" on the floor or an object that will trigger the secret that will stay permanent in the room. Like an obeject that has a sword or boomerang flag on it to trigger the effect. Make sure this room is either on an "interior" type Dmap or if it's in a "dungeon" type DMap, set the "treat as interior" room option.

The click on the screen data 1 tab and set the exact location of the effected screen. Meaning the map number (not DMap) and screen location (say like 6a or 12, or something like that). It goes by very specific locations.

Make sure your effected screen/room is also on an "interior" type DMap or "dungeon" type DMap with the "treat as interior" screen option on. Place your secrets and you're done.

Now, I don't know if the effected room will ever work in a "Dungeon" type dmap without the "treat as interior" screen rule on, so it's best you do it this way.

Any questions?

C-Dawg
03-07-2007, 12:17 PM
These things are finiky. In my experiments, you need to make sure the first room (the one containing the trigger) triggers permanent secrets. If the secrets are temporary, the room state won't carry over. (Or perhaps it does, but the secret is re-set by changing screens. Same effect.)

Mr. Z, over at PureZC.com, had mentioned there was a way to use Room State Carryovers to "toggle" secrets. This would let you use dungeon-wide crystal blocks, raising and lowering water, and other effects that I've always used multiple dmaps to simulate. So far, I've had no success in validating his claim though.

Wanna come on by and explain how you did it, Mr. Z?