PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Armageddon Games!

Shadowblazer
02-19-2007, 01:50 PM
Okay, so AG was probably around for a little while before this (War Lord would know more about that) but February 19th, 2000 was that date that the UBB incarnation of these boards was created and the First Ones (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/memberlist.php?&order=ASC&sort=joindate&pp=6), ancient beings who were brought together by nothing more than a profound love for The Legend of Zelda, descended from the heavens and took on the electronic forms that you see before you today. It's been a fun seven years and I hope this place is around for many more!

:sb:

http://www.planeofhate.com/img/blazerav.gif http://www.planeofhate.com/img/blazersigs.gif
You could no more evade my wrath than you could your own shadow...

Tygore
02-19-2007, 01:57 PM
Wow. It's been seven years. And I've been around for six of them. It's weird, because I still remember when I first signed up and was a little intimidated by the size and togetherness of the current community. Now I look back and see how much this site has gone through, and it's really kind of cool the way some things have changed and some have stayed the same.

Here's to the next seven, I guess. *raises glass*

bigjoe
02-19-2007, 02:01 PM
Well, I assume by "First Ones", you mean "First Ones to Re-Register" :p I do think that we were both around before the new forums.

Well, happy birthday AG, I guess. Huzzah...

Aegix Drakan
02-19-2007, 02:12 PM
Seven years...oh the irony...

In any case, Huzzah AGN!

Now I need to find a really big cake...

mrz84
02-19-2007, 02:20 PM
YAY! :kitty: AGN is older now than it was before! In all seriousness though, AGN has been my favorite place to visit on the web (or anywhere for that matter) since I discovered it back in high school. I think I was in my 3rd year. meh. May the Goddess of Fortune smile on AGN for years to come! :kitty:

Drunken Tiger
02-19-2007, 02:24 PM
Seven years, wow. I remembered when i first stubled across you guys, I was looking for a walkthrough for Max Payne and then i got addcited.

AGN rocks, keep it up.

btw i found out that i am on Page 66 of the member list. Im suprised Ive actually been here so long. Ive signed up for many boards, and also lost interest in many of them. AGN is different. :)

ShadowTiger
02-19-2007, 02:48 PM
You're telling me. >.>'

Well, I assume by "First Ones", you mean "First Ones to Re-Register" :p I do think that we were both around before the new forums. That adds a whole new piece to the puzzle.

I remember that every year, (For like, .. three or four years.) around the middle of AGN's history, a new pip would be created to show how many years that user has been around. As per This (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=68909) ancient thread, it went:
0: Circle
1: Diamond
2: Star
3: Rupee
4: Death Mask / Keaton Mask / Skull
5: Yin-YangEvery year, I'd look forward to a new design. ^^. The past two or three years haven't yielded much though. That curiosity has never died down.

*b*
02-19-2007, 04:07 PM
Crap, seven years? Damn, for a website, that's old. Like, ancient old. It's hard to believe I've been around here for most of it

Despite what most people may say about AGN, this place is great. Let's hope for another good seven years

Yoshiman
02-19-2007, 05:01 PM
AGN's been around for seven years, so that means I've been around for a little less than six.

I need a life plz. :<

rocksfan13
02-19-2007, 05:38 PM
Wow. Seven years. I've only been here 2. Man, I would loved to have seen AG in it's diaper days. :lol:

BTW, I really don't think those pips are working either.

Mitsukara
02-19-2007, 06:06 PM
Wow. I haven't been around a lot and I haven't said all good things about AGN, but seven years... that's cool, and I respect it. Good to see that regardless of debate on how it exists/runs/works/blahblahblah, it still exists, and some of the same people are still here from that time. Many of them, really.

I joined in June 2000, so I seem to be #32 on the current list (I could swear I was like #152 or something when I joined... have that many old/unused accounts been purged/lost?)

AGN has always made an unusually substantial difference in my life; it was my first social playground where I talked to people who- gasp!- weren't family members or crazy people at church I barely knew, it was a huge learning experience, a place to experiment with interacting- and eventually being open and honest- with others in a time when I was trying to figure out who I was and what I wanted to do in life, and it introduced me to people who are still my greatest, closest friends- and to the three people in life I'm the closest to and will always love, period.

*bows* Thank you, AGN.

The_Amaster
02-19-2007, 06:29 PM
*sniff* They grow up so fast, don't they?
Seven years old already, and If I had been around back then, it would seem like yesterday that they all got together, and said "Let's make more than a forum, let's make a community" Or somthing.
Many happy returns AGN.

MottZilla
02-19-2007, 06:35 PM
It certainly has been a long time. I can't say I don't believe it's been around over 7 years, it seems longer to me.

Dechipher
02-19-2007, 06:48 PM
It pretty much blows my mind that I've been here so long. A lot has gone on in my life, and it's just weird to think about how immature and naive I was when I stumbled upon this place, and how weird it is that it's kept me here.

vegeta1215
02-19-2007, 07:35 PM
Time sure does fly. I'm glad that many members who were around way back in 2000 when I joined are still here. We've also gotten some cool members since then too ;)

Prrkitty
02-19-2007, 07:55 PM
Happy Birthday AGN... and thank you to cyberbabe & Zorch for bringing me here, Shattered Earth also has something to do with my presence here as well.

GNET and AGN are my favorite places on the net. I cherish all the friends I've made thru both places... even if I haven't met most of them.

Thank you War Lord for our online home.

ctrl-alt-delete
02-19-2007, 08:29 PM
Happy Birthday, AGN.

Love you like I love my mom.

Pineconn
02-19-2007, 09:00 PM
Seven years, huh? Hopefully no Hero of Time appears and has to save the world from Ganondorf. ;)

It'd be cool if those pips were reimplemented. I haven't been around enough for them to actually mean something to me. I have a feeling that AGN will exist and prosper for many more years to come, and I'm happy to be a part of it.

erm2003
02-19-2007, 09:08 PM
Here's to another seven! I am glad I stumbled upon this community almost 3 years ago. It's fun and I look forward to seeing what's in the future for AGN.

DarkDragoonX
02-19-2007, 10:45 PM
Bloody hell, has it been that long already? And the thing is, these are the only message boards I visit with any regularity (although I don't actually post very often anymore. No idea why). And people always think it's a joke when we tell them AGN steals your soul...

The_Amaster
02-19-2007, 11:06 PM
It's fun and I look forward to seeing what's in the future for AGN.

Zelda Classic 10.0, now in full 3-D, with a custom 3-D modelings system

Shattered Earth, one of the net's largest online MMORPGs, wth over 100,000 members on 50 servers.

VEL
02-20-2007, 12:32 AM
Wow, it's been seven years since I've been here. I was one of the first ones who registered here, on the first day. It is kinda weird thinking of what I was like back then, and how much I've changed.

Jigglysaint
02-20-2007, 01:25 AM
Wow, it's been seven years since I've been here. I was one of the first ones who registered here, on the first day. It is kinda weird thinking of what I was like back then, and how much I've changed.

That reminds me, when are you going to get arround to making those custom Bosses from the mockups you have? ZC should be more than capable of handling them by now.

theplustwo
02-20-2007, 05:33 AM
Happy forums anniversary everyone :)

moocow
02-20-2007, 08:01 PM
Wow. I'm on page 12!

Also, I'm only still around because War Lord sucks my dick like no other. He tells me that as long as I stick around and post at least once a month, he'll suck me off 4 times a week. Helluva deal, right?

EWild
02-21-2007, 10:09 AM
Why I came back I don't know, but I guess it was good timing.

Happy Birthday AGN, you were my first home and pretty much absorbed all my time until I moved on.

ZTC
02-21-2007, 12:10 PM
Wow... just wow. And to think, it's been about 6 years now since I orignally registered because I wanted to showcase my old ZC quest, and about 3 years later I returned and reregistered... Lots of good memories here =^_^=

KJAZZ
02-21-2007, 01:37 PM
Seven years, huh. My 6 year anniversary was just last week, too. It seems like like a lot longer than that, but I suppose that's how it goes. Here's to the next seven. :highfive:

SUCCESSOR
02-27-2007, 02:15 AM
I feel old. Almost seven years now...

This place is crack.

Pineconn
02-27-2007, 02:30 AM
It's pretty amazing how so many 6- or 7-year members still come to the site. I can't wait until I'm one of those 10-yearers. :D