PDA

View Full Version : Winterstorm

Master Ghaleon
02-17-2007, 01:32 PM
Anyone have a jackhammer to bust this ice thats blocking my car in? I mean it is hard like cement. I have been chiseling at it with a pickaxe for a bit and now I got some salt to throw around. How did you guys like digging thru it?

Cloral
02-17-2007, 02:42 PM
It's 77 today here in Camarillo, so I wouldn't know about that. :p

{DSG}DarkRaven
02-17-2007, 03:10 PM
I recommend urinating on it. If it doesn't melt, at least it'll be a new color for a while.

That's terrible. Sorry.

Where exactly is the ice in relation to the car? Is the car frozen within the ice? You would have more luck with a smashing tool, rather than a piercing tool. Do you have a hammer, or a even better, a sledge? A pickaxe's force will work on an object such as a rock because a rock will not compress further. If you could muster enough strength to seriously penetrate the ice, it would work, but if it's as large as I'm imagining, you're better off blasting it apart with a hammer of some sort. At the very least, you stand a better chance of dislodging it from whatever it's stuck on, either the car or the ground.

Of course, salt would work just as well, if you had enough.

phattonez
02-17-2007, 03:50 PM
I had a hard enough time dealing with the ice on my windshield that I had last year from all the rain and the freezing cold. Every morning I had ice, and I had no idea what to do with it. Angelenos don't deal well with cold.

ShadowTiger
02-17-2007, 06:43 PM
We turned on the car's heat for a while, and gently chipped at what we thought were the ice's weak points. It actually worked, surprisingly enough, and we got the car's windshield's cleared away in due time. There wasn't that much ice on the ground to chip away. We shoveled it early enough so that it wasn't much of a problem.

This was one hell of an ice storm. It's amazing how it's both so amazingly beautiful, yet so astonishingly deadly. ;)

Dechipher
02-17-2007, 08:16 PM
Seriously, like in Oklahoma, we alternate between like 65 degree weather and ice storms on a daily basis. For instance, last week we had this huge ice storm, and then two days later it mostly melted and was warm, then the next day it alternated between snowing heavily and the sun shining brightly and then yesterday and today it's shorts weather.
*shrug*

mikeron
02-17-2007, 08:31 PM
It was 86 fucking degrees today. Make some icecubes so we can all have mojitos. I'll go down to the corner and hire some Mexicans to pick the limes.

/did I mention it was 86 fucking degrees today?
//DID I?

The_Amaster
02-17-2007, 09:12 PM
For nearly 2 weeks here in Wisconsin it's been like, under 10 Every..Single...Day Often below 0.

Prrkitty
02-17-2007, 09:23 PM
We actually hit 61 and sunny today... rain yesterday and expected tomorrow (and for the next week+).

Deviance
02-17-2007, 09:33 PM
It snowed 2ft where I live. Try pushing carts in walmart in this crap. Not fun :-P

slothman
02-18-2007, 05:35 AM
With the ice around you'd think a flame on a board would be good.

Anywho, I like brushing off the snow.
It's fun for some reason.

What they need to come up with is a blowtorch like object.
It can be aimed at ice to melt it but won't damage much else.
I wonder how those "insta-hot" soldering irons would work on ice.

It's been cold in NY for a few weeks here.
It's hasn't snowed much but it hasn't melted either.

moocow
02-18-2007, 11:39 AM
On Wednesday, it took me an hour and a half to chip the ice off my car to go to work. Then they sent me home at 1 because we didn't have any customers. Our parking lot at work is covered in a two-inch thick sheet of ice. *sigh*

I hate this shit!

erm2003
02-18-2007, 11:44 AM
Two weekends ago my parents, who are in the Buffalo, NY area, got hit with four feet of snow in 2 days. It's pretty much still there too.

I have had steady snowfall where I am but only one major storm. I did have to fight through ice about a month ago. What really sucked was it somehow got into the gas tank door and froze the cap. It took me about 20 minutes to chip that away and get gas into my car in the freezing cold. Fun times.

Drunken Tiger
02-18-2007, 02:09 PM
I havent seen snow in ages, I wish my car would freeze over.

BLoody humid as here, always in the mid to high thirties with something like 70% humidity.

Never sweated so much in my life... As for your car, i always just throw water on in, but i think it might be a bit too cold and would only make matters worse. =)

Sam Atoms
02-19-2007, 04:03 AM
Yeah, just as long as the gas itself doesn't freeze I think it should be OK. :)

Anyway, we had below-freezing temperatures here in northern California last month. We were all like, "What the f**k".

DarkDragoonX
02-19-2007, 11:41 PM
Might I reccomend a large dose of napalm? You can melt the ice, the car, and probably the cement underneath the car. That may seem a bit excessive, but it sends a message to the rest of the ice.

ZTC
02-21-2007, 01:43 PM
zomg 20F heatwave =/

any luck fishing that sucker out?

Archibaldo
02-22-2007, 10:31 AM
Huge ass snowstorm = School canceled on thursday and friday.

School canceled on thursday = drinking since noon, wasted at one.

Sonce thursday is the normal party night at my college, my neighbours and roomates and I decided to start drinking at noon and video tape the whole day. Moral of the story, Big 10 = Poison.

Also every car in the parking lot was completely covered in snow and there was about 3 1/2 feet of snow on the ground.