PDA

View Full Version : Help with monsters

jackboy89
02-16-2007, 12:01 PM
ok how do i make monster attack and move and stuff but when i put it and i play it the monsters just stay still and dont attack help

Joe123
02-16-2007, 02:33 PM
This isn't very well explained so its difficult to help. Try to elaborate on what you've written, such as what monsters you're using and what version of ZC you're running.

jackboy89
02-16-2007, 04:44 PM
i dont get it and i am using 2.10

Luigi
02-16-2007, 04:47 PM
i dont get it and i am using 2.10

That still doesn't help much - like Joe123 said, knowing which enemies you're using will help.

jackboy89
02-17-2007, 11:33 AM
i was using those jumping things

WindStrike
02-17-2007, 12:18 PM
Are you trying to place them down as tiles? That'd be my guess... but if you're trying to do it the correct way, well... let's see if you really are doing this correctly:

Go to Data --> Enemies. Then double click one of the enemy slots. This will bring up a list of enemies in alphabetical order. Scroll down to "Tektite" (L1 or L2), and then hit ok. If you want to place more tektites down, then do it again on some of the other slots.

Alright, these next two parts only apply if you don't want them to appear randomly:
-1) If you want them to come in from the sides, then, while in the enemies box, click on Pattern. Then select one of the two (I don't know the difference since I've never really tried checking.). Though... if you're using b16 or one of the builds... then there would be a third option, where enemies can fall from the ceiling. Though, it might be buggy - of course, I wouldn't know if it was or not.
-2) If you want them to spawn in on the same spots every time, then go to Tools --> Flags. Then scroll down to 37 and click ok. Place it wherever you want, and then scroll up one to place the next enemy down on the enemy list anywhere you want. The enemy flags go from 37-46, and they correspond to the place of the enemies on the enemy list. That said, when you select enemies for the screen, set them from top to bottom and not randomly from middle to top to bottom to middle to bott- etc.
-3) This one is NOT recommended for every single screen. Instead, you should probably use it for special occasions only. Under Data --> Screen Data --> Screen Flags (again, if you're using a 2.5 beta, then there'll be two tabs. Pick the first one). Then check the "Enemies Always Return." And that's EXACTLY why it should never be used for every screen.
-4) Data --> Enemy Flags. Yeah... those should be self explantory... sort of. Add those according to whatever screen it tis.

And that should be just about all... at least, for all the stuff that I know of. Hope that solved your problem! (Twould have been easier if ya really specified it though.)

Plissken
02-17-2007, 02:35 PM
Have you tried to use Alphadawgs tutorial? If not I highly suggest you use that for getting started on Zelda Quest.