PDA

View Full Version : Playing game systems in a car?

punkonjunk1024
02-16-2007, 01:55 AM
All right.
Now, I have a power inverter with 3 outlets on it. 2 are actual outlets, one is a cigarette lighter style outlet. I HAD a portable DVD player, however the input funtion does not work. Rather, video input. Audio input works just fine.

I'd really like to get this to work. I'm wondering what the best choice is- a gaming specific screen, or a small LCD television? Or another portable DVD player, with video input? I'd like to go the cheapest most effective route, compatable with the most systems. I'm searching now, but I'm wondering if anyone else had any experience with this.

MottZilla
02-16-2007, 04:38 PM
If you go cheap, you'll have a cheap quality product. Unless you find something used that's decent. But the cost will make it better off you just buy a portable console like the PSP or NDS or hell even the Sega NOMAD.

Both the GameCube and PSOne, maybe even PS2, had LCD screens made to make them portable. You could try those, although you'll have to adapt them most likely to use another system they weren't intended for.

Cloral
02-16-2007, 06:32 PM
I've set up home consoles in vehicles in the past. The best setup I had was with my N64 (incidentally, cartridge-based systems work better in vehicles as the bumps and jolts of driving can wreck havoc on your load times if you use optical media). All I did was plug that into a DC/AC converter, and then connect the composite output into a portable TV my dad had - which was also plugged into the converter. It worked just fine, thought the details were a bit small owing to the small size of the tv. I did this for a scout trip I did where we canoed the Colorado river. Mario Kart 64 was a big hit on the car ride back.

Sam Atoms
02-16-2007, 11:07 PM
Errm..... punkonjunk, that video in your sig----what the fack? :laughing: