PDA

View Full Version : Music Question...

Dominator_101
02-15-2007, 06:22 PM
I'm making a zelda game, and I wanted to insert a different music for one map, but when I go into the place to insert more music, the ones I downloaded for it don't show up. Do they need to be a certain file type? because they are Midis, which is what I thought they had to be. Do I need to put them in a certain folder or something? I hope I explained my situation well enough.

Russ
02-16-2007, 12:37 AM
Make sure they are not in a zipped folder, as Zquest will not recognize anything in one. There are several programs you can uze to unzip them if this is the case. Most windows software comes with winzip. Hope that helps.

Joe123
02-16-2007, 07:53 AM
You have to load them into zquest. go to Quest--> MIDIs, click on an empty slot, press edit and press 'load'. Make sure it loops properly and all, and then load it into the Dmap like you would the three default musics.

Dominator_101
02-16-2007, 04:17 PM
Ok, thanks! I don't even know if anyone will read this, but How do you make text appear on a screen, not in a cave or something? I hope you understand that... Like, when you walk onto a screen, text will appear.

Luigi
02-16-2007, 04:53 PM
Ok, thanks! I don't even know if anyone will read this, but How do you make text appear on a screen, not in a cave or something? I hope you understand that... Like, when you walk onto a screen, text will appear.

Data > Message String - or press 'S'.

Providing you've made the strings already, of course... (in Quest > Strings)

Joe123
02-16-2007, 07:13 PM
You have to set a 'guy' aswell. If you want it to appear on the screen instead of a cave, you have to set the 'level number' on the dmap options higher than 0. If you don't want to use one of the 'guys' on the list, make one of them have a blank graphic and then make your guy into a combo