PDA

View Full Version : Question: Dungeon Carving

symbiote
02-15-2007, 04:53 PM
I know I've seen explanations here before, but for the life of me I cannot find them now. I would like to know more about the Tool, Dungeon Carving.

Specifically, what combo do you start with to make this work? In what order must the combo list be? Whenever I try to use this feature, it seems almost as if it is randomly throwing tiles all over my screen. I know it isn't, but that's the feeling I get.

Just a link to an appropriate tutorial would be nice.

***EDIT***
Wow, a fella named s00per_n00b with horrible spelling and vague questions gets 8 replies almost instantly. I get nothing at all for a week. It's my breath, right? Halitosis?

Seriously, is this quandry so nebulous that NOBODY has an answer? I've stumped the would-be masters?

I don't believe that for a second.

Petoe
02-24-2007, 08:20 AM
Maybe this link helps a bit: http://www.purezc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22496&hl=dungeon+carving

But I gotta say... the biggest problem with ZC is definitely the lack of tutorials and helpful people. I'd say I am a ZQuest pro, but some things like the Dungeon carving mode... I have no clue about it because there's no proper documentation aboit it. *shrugs*

s00per_n00b
02-26-2007, 09:17 AM
Hey that smarts...

symbiote
02-26-2007, 11:32 AM
Wasn't meant as a personal attack, just an observation. Apologies if you took it that way.

Tygore
02-26-2007, 12:08 PM
But I gotta say... the biggest problem with ZC is definitely the lack of tutorials and helpful people. I'd say I am a ZQuest pro, but some things like the Dungeon carving mode... I have no clue about it because there's no proper documentation aboit it. *shrugs*

This is mostly because of the public beta system- we're getting updates faster than we can master them. Add that to the fact that what we know is subject to change, and people are reluctant to document the new features.

erm2003
02-26-2007, 06:55 PM
There is a guide being written for 2.5 I believe. Last I knew koopa and and maybe a couple others were supposed to be written on it. If that is still in the works hopefully many features will start to be documented better. We can only hope then that it will be read and used.