PDA

View Full Version : Whistle Related.

Majora
02-14-2007, 09:43 AM
In game, when you play the whistle, all action is frozen for about 3 seconds, and secrets triggered immediately after. How about making it so that under item properties, you can change the amount of time everything freezes? In my quest, I made the whistle the OoT and the only song it can play (until an ocarina is implemented) is "The Song of Time." The song lasts about 10 seconds and it's annoying that when it 3 seconds pass, the song continues, and everything is moving again.

So in short:

Under Item Properties, set the amount of time everything freezes when the whistle is played, which would also determine how long it takes for secrets to be triggered.

Plausible for before 2.5?

The_Amaster
02-14-2007, 10:21 AM
Interesting idea. Not sure how many people would use it, but on the other hand, it seems easy to implement, and I can't forsee to many major bugs...

Seconded.

Tygore
02-14-2007, 10:59 AM
If possible, why not just have it so the action freezes for the length of the sound effect? Since this wouldn't change anything in the default quests, we wouldn't even need a quest rule for it.

_L_
02-14-2007, 11:34 AM
Righto, I'll do that then.

Majora
02-14-2007, 06:21 PM
Just for clarification, no "menu" for it, it will just freeze for the length of the sound?

beefster09
02-14-2007, 07:20 PM
But then it ruins backwards compatibility... Why not in the sound editor, it tells the length of the sound, so then you just simply copy it over to the menu?

CJC
02-19-2007, 12:40 AM
Does it though? In the original Zelda 1, the Whistle froze Link for the duration of the sound and then triggered secrets. In A Link to the Past, it also functioned in that manner.

Even Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and The Wind Waker kept Link frozen for the duration of the song.

That would mean that movement activating before the sound ends is a bug. Something that couldn't be treated in the past due to the way Grabber functions, but now that the sound is contained within the game it is fixable.

Besides, an extra few seconds of waiting in the game doesn't hurt anything. Unless your whistle is a guitar and Link plays a 2-minute rock anthem. And even if that was the case, how would he fight and play simultaneously?

_L_
02-19-2007, 03:45 AM
In A Link to the Past, it also functioned in that manner.

You misremember! In that game, Link could walk and play music at the same time.

Also, there is no backwards compatability problem.

CastChaos
02-23-2007, 09:36 AM
In LttP there were 2 functions for the Flute:

1.When there weren't Flute secrets, Link could move while the sound played and then the bird came.

2.When there was a Flute secret, a longer sound played and Link couldn't move until the sound ended AND the secret totally activated.

Majora
04-02-2007, 05:37 PM
So was this implemented? It's not happening in 254 :(

(Hopefully this isn't Grave Digging.... it shouldn't the limit is 2 month and it's been like 7 weeks)

erm2003
04-02-2007, 05:39 PM
I am pretty sure that's a big "no" right now. But you know you could check those change logs that the devs have been working so hard on to keep us updated...