PDA

View Full Version : Rocs Feather 2 (Multi-Jumping)

redmage777
02-13-2007, 02:46 PM
This concept for a Rocs feather would not be a "Rocs Cape" as seen in some of the Gameboy games, but would enable Double (Triple or Multi) Jumping. Several Variable to consider:

1. How many multijumps can Link do (-1 for unlimited?)
2. How high does each additional jump take link? (Make this Small to simulate flight.)
3. How much magic, if any should it cost to do a Multi Jump?

If and when a Rocs Cape is created the same idea could be applied to it as well. Appart from basic Multi Jumping, this also open the door for flight so perhaps a good item name would be the "Roc's Wing?"

C-Dawg
02-15-2007, 01:07 PM
Makes no sense from a bird's eye view. Once he's jumped, he's above the Z axis... does ZC treat the Z axis as a float or int? I thought it was just a bool. Either in the air or on the ground.

However, from a side-view perspective, this makes sense, and is pretty easy to script. I'll be getting to this eventually.

Dark Nation
02-16-2007, 10:09 AM
Z-Axis is an int, I believe.

Fire Wizzrobe
02-16-2007, 12:49 PM
So, it's just accessed by Link->Z ?

_L_
02-16-2007, 01:39 PM
You're better off using Link->Jump (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=95869), though.

Here's a sample algorithm: if Link->Z is greater than a certain value, and the variable double-jump == false, Link->Jump is set to 20.
Else, if Link->Z is zero and double-jump==true, double-jump = false.